Deadline Day

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Deadline Day

Postby billythefish » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:11 pm

So a couple in and one out. To be fair the signings look decent at this level and should do well. Have to admit that seeing Swanson go out on loan was a suprise. Is this another of the Elvis signings that is now being moved on?
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Re: Deadline Day

Postby Burf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:33 pm

To be fair though most of our signings "look decent at this level and should do well"....yet they have broadly failed dismally.

Sorry - I just have virtually no faith left in anything going on at the club...it's a rudderless vessel, from top to bottom...& there's a bloody big iceberg called League 2 just coming into view over the horizon...
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:16 pm

I have to admit I wasn't familiar with the names but looking them up does suggest he has managed to bring in a few pacy players which we've been crying out for. Also a couple of wingers which may see more of a return to a 4-4-2 formation.

I wasn't really expecting the two or three strikers coming in without any going out given how many we've got. We are very low on back-up in defence, especially given Johnson's,Pugh's and Phillip's injury problems and in general our defensive lapses, though this has seemed to have improved somewhat of late. I expect this to be looked at when the loan window opens.

I was a bit surprised to see Swanson go out as midfield isn't exactly brimming with attacking options, though it has improved. I expected to see one or two of Miller, Tudgay and Jackson either leave or go on loan but I guess it's hard to convince someone to sign a striker that isn't scoring. I expect all of them to be released in the summer.

So our strikers at the mo are:
Frank Nouble
Dominic Samuel
Shaun Miller
Simeon Jackson
Marcus Tudgay
George Thomas

plus
Sanmi Odelusi
Luke Williams
James Maddison

who can play up front as well as attacking midfield positions. Thats quite a lot, especially if you play a system with only one main striker
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:35 am

Yep if Elvis is still here then I expect the same next season - all of the players he brought in last year will be moved in and a new bunch brought on board only to be released or sent on loan within 12 months.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Return to CCFC Chat