So Ann Lucas Lied About The Ricoh Arena?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

So Ann Lucas Lied About The Ricoh Arena?

Postby The Englander » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:56 pm

The Englander

Highscores: 7

Re: So Ann Lucas Lied About The Ricoh Arena?

Postby The Englander » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:19 pm

From Les Reid:

1/3 Re my last tweet/story. @covtelegraph 2013 removed &chopped down my story as it didn't want to challenge Lucas claim ACL "v profitable"

2/3 @covtelegraph editor also did deal with @coventrycc chief Martin Reeves to suppress £14m Ricoh bailout story in Jan '13 until deal done

3/3 2 examples of public interest journalism suppressed. Shame Cov Tel didn't want all sides properly challenged on #ccfc/Ricoh.More to come

The truth is finally coming out....
The Englander

Postby AD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Business where major tenant isn't paying any money, breaks contract without paying penalties and costing a fortune in spurious legal action losing money sensation! If anyone expected ACL to show a profit for this period they need their head examined!

And it doesn't show Ricoh without CCFC as unviable, just a major tenant. Let's wait until next years account with Wasps at the helm and see if ACL are profitable again....

As for Les Reid, why was his last story cut down? Didn't want to challenge v. profitable, or because the claims he made regarding it could not be proven and left the paper open to litigation? Quite a few of his last stories in the CT were so full of one-sided assumptions it was unbelievable and I'm surprised some of them were even printed. I think the only reason they got through was because they were done as opinion pieces rather than factual reporting.

The fact is a judge said SISU had deliberately tried to financially distress ACL, and thus make a local charity and people suffer, to get it on the cheap. All these figures do is show that deduction to be completely accurate.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:20 pm

More revelations.

The Englander

Postby billythefish » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 am

Just goes to show how much of a mess this whole thing is/was. No one is coming out of this with any positives.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Burf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 am

yes - as some of us have been saying since day 1 - SISU are not the only bad guys here.... & it's time the other side of the story was heard.

Whatever you think of SISU ( not much, let's be honest ) they are nonetheless the current owners & the Council's position to deal with them "When hell freezes over" is hardly fucking professional, fair, honest or helpful is it ? :roll: As much as SISU were trying to stress things to get the Ricoh on the cheap it's clear that CCC were trying to force SISU out - the club has been the punchbag in the middle & has suffered (along with us already long suffering supporters ffs ) as a result.

The difference I see though is that whilst we know SISU are evil hedge fund bastards, as a private commercial enterprise there's not that much you can do... Coun Lucas et al however are your fucking elected public servants : they can & need to be held accountable.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 pm

I hope the taxpayers they claimed to be doing the best thing for look after them in a similar way when they have the chance to say what they think. Absolute vermin.

Loving Les Reid's 'revelation a(lmost every) day. Surely heads are going to fcuking roll???
The Englander

Postby AD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Like the revelation yesterday that Seppala was willing to discuss leasehold, yet at a fans forum a month AFTER the piece of evidence provided TF expressly told a fans forum Seppala wanted "unincumbered freehold"

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... ty-6404266

But this is hardly surprising. Remember when this started, and all she wanted then was fair rent?

And so what if Lucas said she'd only deal with them when hell freezes over. Given their actions so far thats tame. Imagine someone tried to bankrupt you, steal your house and take something that was rightfully the property of your family/dependents, who then turn up and ask you to do business with them. Would you trust them? Would you be as nice as to say you'd deal with them when hell freezes over? I wouldn't. It wouldn't surprise if that's a printable version of what was actually said. If not I'd say I admire her restraint.

Besides which it's already been provided as evidence in court. SISU lost.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 am

Burf - nail hit on head son.

Cant agree more and I suspect that the longer this goes on the more we will find out that SISU are not the only clowns involved in this. At the end of the day all these parties are the ones that have killed CCFC as we knew it.
billythefish

Postby AD » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:29 pm

I apologise - the council clearly can't add up. Apparently the city centre is going to be divided into nine quarters :? [smilie=icon_blink.gif]
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:23 pm

What can SISU possibly achieve now with more court action? Can anybody offer any hope no matter how small?
iPad [ Post made via iPad ]

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Postby billythefish » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Think you can safely take that to be - no idea. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
billythefish

Return to CCFC Chat