2 men and maybe a dog....

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

2 men and maybe a dog....

Postby the boss » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 pm

has it really got this bad.................... 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Re: 2 men and maybe a dog....

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Just two men, I'm sat on my sofa
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 am

Well that was pretty inept. Couldnt pass wind for half an hour and a reasonable 20 minutes at the end papered over a very poor performance. Deservedly beaten by the better side who despite total dominance in the first half could only score once.

Swanson looked the stand out for me along with a decent cameo from Haynes who was good going forward but poor positionally when we didnt have the ball. Apart from the first goal we looked reasonablt resolute at the back despite backing off a bit too much for my liking but offered nothing up front.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby adge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:47 am

Did anyone hear them on about Finch on the radio? They were all tugging their wires about him! Truth is he got shat on for the first 25 mins and then spent the rest of the next 30 backing off and inviting pressure on our goal. :roll:
Agree with Haynes looking good when coming on as sub but was it really that hard to make an impression bearing in mind what had gone on previously during the game?
I guess Baker has played his last game for the club if he still can't get anywhere near the dross that was on display last night.
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:45 pm

It was pretty poor and regardless of what SP says (which I think was to support the younger players) there wasn't that much to take from that game IMO.

We tried passing the ball and consistently lost it in very dangerous areas
We didn't really press them at all until late on, and regardless of where they had the ball they seemed to have loads of time.
Miller made a difference coming on but showed why his stats show a poor goal return
Haynes looked good going forward but a bit susceptible at the back. However he was playing as WB and we needed a goal so it's hard to say how accurate that is. Looks more like a decent left midfielder to me.
Finch wasn't great but IMO was no worse than the other two centre backs. And it still seems people aren't entirely sure what position he should play - defence or midfield. I remember Ben Turner frightened the life out of me on his debut (and for most of the next two seasons) so lets not write him off yet.

Cardiff could and should have won that game by a lot more but seemed to coast for most of it. And it wasn't even their first team.

Personally I don't think 3-5-2 is going to work, and if we lose Reda Johnson for any length of time the defence looks very susceptible.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:25 am

I quite like the 3-5-2 to be honest. I also think that Finch was ok - it was his debut and against the team that were favourites to go up this year. Judge him at the end of the season.

I dont think we can take too much from that game it was most of Cardiffs shadow team against our shadow team. One side is fancied to be in the premiership next season the other division two. One contained players bought in from overseas the other academy kids. Whatever way you look at it there is a gulf in class between the two sides on paper.

Yes it was disapointing especially the way we gave the ball away in the first 30 minutes - most of the time we werent even pressured into doing this.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Return to CCFC Chat