Minus 10 pts it is...

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Burf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 pm

^
That's easy.
Clinton Morrison, obviously.

He was the big dog kingpin of the game fam. For real.
You get me? Word.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 pm

The Yid wrote:If I was in charge I would never have signed the fucking rental agreement in the first place. If there is only one good thing to come out of this it's that the original lease agreement is history. SISU fucked up signing it - but ACL were happy to bleed their cash cow dry.

What makes me angry is that we have not had a top 6 finish in 40 yrs!!! This is the closest we have been to any modicum of success in the league in my lifetime, and it has been scuppered by a company that has no interest in the long term future of CCFC. They have let this go for over a year, because they knew even though they didn't get their rent, they weren't prepared to let such a money spinning contract go. So why not 6 more weeks?? That's why it comes across as malicious.

As for Fisher's comments... It's hardly a threat is it? It's like saying every time you say you're gonna kill someone we need to call the police!! It's merely posturing, which both sides have done throughout - but ACL decided to react and then had the gall to suggest 'they were doing the best for the club'. They didn't give a fuck about the club when they were taking all the revenue and 1.3m a year in rent.

My only hope is now that someone buys the club and the whole stadium - and ACL and SISU are removed completely from the clubs history. Sadly I don't think I will get my wish on either part.

You really don't get that the stadium rent was so high to cover a mortgage do you? It wasn't a cash cow, it was a necessity to cover the costs, as was proven by the need for a loan from the council after just a few months of non-payment (taking into account the ESCROW account with a six month buffer in it). Or do you think the stadium should have been run on a basis that would see it in a constant cash crisis even if payments were made, and complete catastrophe if they weren't even once? THAT is lunacy.

We COULD have had a top 6 finish. Not certainly but maybe, and then it'd be maybe 20-25% chance tops.And a position that can ultimately lead to nothing. You finish third and don't go up it's no different to finishing 20th. Bristol City finished in the top six of the Championship four years in a row. Do you think they give a fuck about that now? If you'd have preferred the outside bet of a little jolly in the play-offs at the expense of starting next year on -10 then that's up to you.But any sensible person would realise the risk/return payoff really wasn't worthwhile.

So Fisher, the head of the company and therefore in a position to put the club into liquidation, going around threatening it as a means of getting some attention if about as unprofessional as you can get. It's statements like that that get picked up by investors etc and affect peoples livelihoods. You do not go around making threats like that idly, and he should know that.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 pm

The Yid wrote:Slightly related - but I saw an article earlier in the week saying Higgs wanted to sell their share for £4m. So is that £4m to everyone else apart from SISU??

If that is the case if just illustrates this sorry mess... It's not about business but now about who likes who.

Not necessarily. Again if they dispose of the asset they have a duty to sell it to the best bidder not just in terms of price but who they think will best keep the business going. If you think a potential buyer isn't suitable then you have to turn it down even if they offer four or five times the price. And let's face it SISU have hardly shown themselves to be desirable owners....
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 pm

AD wrote:
The Yid wrote:If I was in charge I would never have signed the fucking rental agreement in the first place. If there is only one good thing to come out of this it's that the original lease agreement is history. SISU fucked up signing it - but ACL were happy to bleed their cash cow dry.

What makes me angry is that we have not had a top 6 finish in 40 yrs!!! This is the closest we have been to any modicum of success in the league in my lifetime, and it has been scuppered by a company that has no interest in the long term future of CCFC. They have let this go for over a year, because they knew even though they didn't get their rent, they weren't prepared to let such a money spinning contract go. So why not 6 more weeks?? That's why it comes across as malicious.

As for Fisher's comments... It's hardly a threat is it? It's like saying every time you say you're gonna kill someone we need to call the police!! It's merely posturing, which both sides have done throughout - but ACL decided to react and then had the gall to suggest 'they were doing the best for the club'. They didn't give a fuck about the club when they were taking all the revenue and 1.3m a year in rent.

My only hope is now that someone buys the club and the whole stadium - and ACL and SISU are removed completely from the clubs history. Sadly I don't think I will get my wish on either part.

You really don't get that the stadium rent was so high to cover a mortgage do you? It wasn't a cash cow, it was a necessity to cover the costs, as was proven by the need for a loan from the council after just a few months of non-payment (taking into account the ESCROW account with a six month buffer in it). Or do you think the stadium should have been run on a basis that would see it in a constant cash crisis even if payments were made, and complete catastrophe if they weren't even once?

I do understand the rent was part of the overall mortgage payments, but as you have said previously they are not the only tenants of the facility, and they have claimed that the presence of the football club is not critical in its operation.

But wait - the football club rent is critical in managing the mortgage payments. They get into difficulty after a few months of non-payment.... But then ACL clearly state they don't need the club??? So which one is it???

As for ACL itself the structure is so complicated - owned jointly by Higgs and another company, which in turn is owned by the Council... Then they paid £21m premium in 2006... Why, and what was the benefit of that? SISU financial dealings are very murky to say the least but the council and ACL have just as many companies and holding companies... So was the excessive rent paying the mortgage or just filling in gaps in the main council budget?
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby haggis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 am

You 2 should just bum each other and get the tension out the way :D
-----------------------------------------------

Theres a man with a mullett going mad with a mallett in Milletts
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Burf » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 am

^
Haha! Indeed. Look- it's all fucked. I see little point in this squabble anymore. With the greatest respect.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 am

The Yid wrote:

As for Fisher's comments... It's hardly a threat is it? It's like saying every time you say you're gonna kill someone we need to call the police!! .

just say BOMB at an airport check when asked if you have anything dangerous in your luggage and see how many smiles you get as the police take you away 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Fisher is a twat who cried "wolf" - another shite tactic.
But I do agree with Yid and others; it's the club that suffers.....and the dwindling fanbase. :(
Does this mean that Sisu have lost £60M? And ACL - £1.3m?
Couldn't happen to nicer people.
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby The Yid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:03 pm

haggis wrote:You 2 should just bum each other and get the tension out the way :D

Obviously in your capacity as new senior member of the SBT, you have more pressing details to attend to. Is it 2 newsletters and a birthday card you send out each year?? I heard rumours of a free badge but it's probably a bit beyond you... :D
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Personally I think any club that goes into admin should be thrown out of the league rather than this -10 points crap. Always felt the same when Lesta, Soton, Pompey etc went into admin and no different now its us. Not much of a penalty really is it!
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby dog rout 21 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Agreed, especially when we've thrown away something like 30 points from winning positions on our own this season, minus 10 means fuck all really.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby haggis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:41 pm

The Yid wrote:
haggis wrote:You 2 should just bum each other and get the tension out the way :D

Obviously in your capacity as new senior member of the SBT, you have more pressing details to attend to. Is it 2 newsletters and a birthday card you send out each year?? I heard rumours of a free badge but it's probably a bit beyond you... :D

Actually, we, sorry they were handing out lollipops today cos policies cant get fans to join!
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Englander » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Erm .... trying to work out which is fact and which is piss-take. Is Haggis really in the SBT?! And did I really miss out on a free lollipop?
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby dog rout 21 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Both
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby adge » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

It was sisu who put Thorn in charge! Conversation over.
Android [ Post made via Android ]
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

adge wrote:It was sisu who put Thorn in charge! Conversation over.

They also brought in Robins and Pressley....
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dog rout 21 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am

‏@TheSkyBlueTrust
Trust team up with @GCCoventry to offer trust members a discount off mind reader Paul Brooks' show see http://Skybluetrust.co.uk for details

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 am

Fucking hell :lol:

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Whoever designed that website needs shooting. A kid doing an 11+ could do better
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby The Englander » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 pm

The same could be said of the badge! I asked them if it was the finished design. They said 'yes'. And then the conversation ended....

As for this:

@TheSkyBlueTrust
Trust team up with @GCCoventry to offer trust members a discount off mind reader Paul Brooks' show see http://Skybluetrust.co.uk for details

[smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif] [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif] [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

It was sisu who put Thorn in charge! Conversation over.

Old SISU/newer SISU. One was clueless, the other is trying to undo the mistakes made. Sadly, there are to many.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat