Minus 10 pts it is...

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!


Previous topicNext topic

Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Burf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

no big surprise.

next question is what's the end game of this sorry mess & will we be getting more docked next season
if everyone continues to play silly buggers...

this has got to have been the most mental season ever.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



-10

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

-10 confirmed.


Pretty meaningless to be honest.

I reckon the shit will hit the fan next season when they've had time to unravel all the shenanigans.....

In the meantime....17th. 8)
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
User avatar
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The City of Culture!!
 



Re: -10

Postby plastic scouser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm

...Oi Burf....3.50pm....SNAP [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
User avatar
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The City of Culture!!
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:33 pm

I wonder if this gives a good indication as to how the court case will go in 6 weeks as to whether it is CCFC ltd or the whole club who are in admin? I have no idea if this can be used as evidence in court.

There is also something else that's been flagged up bothering me - the fact Appleton is referred to as joint administrator. Even in his statement yesterday it says this


Since being appointed as Joint Administrator for Coventry City FC Limited (CCFCL) less than a week ago, I have been investigating a number of complex issues surrounding the Club.

Yesterday’s decision by Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) to withdraw their own Application for an Administration Order now leaves me with the sole task of continuing those investigations.


Now if I'm being thick let me know, but if you're a Joint Administrator how can it be your sole task? Who are the other Joint Administrator(s)?

Or is it a cost saving measure and he's actually our new physio as well under a posh new job title?
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Doesn't it just mean joint as in agreed between ACL/SISU? or perhaps they realise that he's in for a tough time and expect him to have a little smoke to calm the stress.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
User avatar
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6909
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:54 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby The Yid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:47 pm

So it's done for another season.

Big shout out to SISU for being thoroughly terrible owners. Also to ACL for choking the life out of the club since we went to the Ricoh, and then pretending you care about the club by forcing Admin when you could have waited for 6 more weeks.

You can put SISU's actions down to being utterly incompetent - ACL's actions are nothing short of malicious.

Best case scenario now... SISU fuck off, ACL go bust and we get our club back and a stadium we own.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Image
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Burf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:16 pm

^
great minds Scouser..... [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

right, fuck this shit. must be beer time - happy Ishtar muthafuckas 8)
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm

The Yid wrote:So it's done for another season.

Big shout out to SISU for being thoroughly terrible owners. Also to ACL for choking the life out of the club since we went to the Ricoh, and then pretending you care about the club by forcing Admin when you could have waited for 6 more weeks.

You can put SISU's actions down to being utterly incompetent - ACL's actions are nothing short of malicious.

Best case scenario now... SISU fuck off, ACL go bust and we get our club back and a stadium we own.


Why is it malicious? If they'd waited 6 more weeks and we hadn't got into the play-offs, you'd be calling them **** for not trying sooner and fucking us over for next season!

The fact is that at the time they took the action we weren't in danger of going down with a points deduction and the play-offs were becoming distinctly unlikely, and even if by some miracle we'd have been at the centre of attention, got a full crowd....and the team would have bottled it like always.

At least this gives extra time to try and get it sorted for the start of next season and prevent another points penalty. And let's not forget that the admin move was a direct response to SISU's threat to LIQUIDATE the club, and put it out of business entirely!

Time will tell if it would've been worth waiting (although even then you can never tell if the release of the pressure of trying to get in the play-offs will have led to the team scoring more points than they would have done, or vice versa having the promotion campaign kicked out leads to them getting disheartened and getting worse results)
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby The Yid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

OK so Fisher mentions the word liquidation and everyone shits themselves? It was a single line in an interview, and related directly to wage caps and FFP.

It just sums up perfectly the lack of intelligence by those running ACL that they failed to see that having potential promotion would be financially beneficial to them. If the club got promoted then SISU's rent argument had no standing and they could have pursued their third party debt order if the club wouldn't pay. If there was no promotion then evict the club?? Why was that tactic not done?

The fact is that they let a personal dislike of SISU cloud their judgement, and as a result its the fans that suffer.

It's pathetic playground nonsense from both sides, yet somehow you can find a way to defend them.... Unbelievable.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby bidford_tom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:09 pm

I would rather take -10 this season, work to promotion next and play in the Championship in 2014/15...

Rather than not go into admin this season, get promoted (maybe!!), inevitable admin next season with -15 to start in the Championship and be playing in League 1 in 2014/15
bidford_tom
Boot Scrubber
Boot Scrubber
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:32 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby the boss » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:31 pm

the simple fact is SISU knew last May we would be in the division. If they could not afford the rent they should of done something about it then, like find another ground to play at. This would of given ACL the option of lowering the rent or look like **** by forcing the club out by over pricing the ground. Now they all look like idiots and IMO that is what they all are.
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7780
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm
 



Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Realist » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

I fear for our club.
Image

Prediction League World Champion.
User avatar
Realist
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:46 am
 
Prediction League Wins: 2



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby Burf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

^
We're fucked Real mate

A lot of people have been hoping for this ... Thinking it'll be the start of sorting this mess out. Me , I'm not so sure. Be careful what you wish for. This could be the beginning of the end. Seriously.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby the boss » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Realist wrote:I fear for our club.



now is not the time to tell me that your printer has run out of ink :shock:
the boss
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7780
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Good. I can get pissed on a Saturday afternoon in a decent pub rather than having to trek for 3hrs to a shit hole on the edge of a shit hole.
User avatar
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 6909
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:54 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 pm

The Yid wrote:OK so Fisher mentions the word liquidation and everyone shits themselves? It was a single line in an interview, and related directly to wage caps and FFP.

It just sums up perfectly the lack of intelligence by those running ACL that they failed to see that having potential promotion would be financially beneficial to them. If the club got promoted then SISU's rent argument had no standing and they could have pursued their third party debt order if the club wouldn't pay. If there was no promotion then evict the club?? Why was that tactic not done?

The fact is that they let a personal dislike of SISU cloud their judgement, and as a result its the fans that suffer.

It's pathetic playground nonsense from both sides, yet somehow you can find a way to defend them.... Unbelievable.


So they should ignore an open threat of liquidation? If someone makes a statement like that the directors of ACL are duty bound to treat it as serious as it has a potential material effect on the business and all its stakeholders, which they have a duty of care to. If they'd decided to say "fuck it, he's bluffing" that would be a dereliction of that duty.

Maybe they did realise it would help their argument. But they'd also realise it rested solely upon one outcome - promotion. Something that looks highly unlikely given we have points to make up without our top scorer and injury problems and even then would involve us having to win the play-offs, and we know how much our team folds in the limelight. It'd be like putting a tenner on a three-legged donkey in the national.

And then you think evicting the club at the end of the season with no promotion would be a better thing to do? Leave them with nowhere to play and thus potential expulsion from the league. Christ Almighty! And if they had done that and promotion hadn't occurred you'd have been calling them **** for leaving the club in the lurch and asking why they didn't go for admin when it was clear it wouldn't have got us relegated. Even if they'd just gone for admin instead of eviction at the end of the season you'd still be haranguing them for not doing it earlier and not giving them more time to sort the issue out and making us start the season with a points deficit.

If you really think thats a more sensible plan thank fuck you aren't in charge! Your option is boom or bust. This one is a hedged bet.

My stance on SISU has altered over time. I supported them when they took over. I have never once argued against the fact they'd put tens of millions into the club (albeit in loans they would expect to be repaid) I supported their plan to buy players to get us promoted. I was disappointed they decided not to follow that through which led to relegation, but understood from their usual business perspective why it was done, even though I feel it was, and proved to be, a false economy.

But the fact is that they have increasingly said and done things which have been unprofessional and unethical to a point now where it's impossible to believe a word they say. It's always biased, confrontational and generally designed to cause problems.

Remember their claims they had a meeting scheduled about buying the stadium? Only for that to be proven to be a complete lie. Only a few months ago Fisher was saying we had no debt. Not no external debt or no bank debt. No debt. Now it's suddenly £60m. I knew claims of no debt was a lie. I knew SISU weren't just gifting the club money and it was being put is as loans and the like. But just because its a debt to the owners doesn't mean it doesn't count and that makes the statement wholly untrue and misleading. Even now we have them stating the golden share is with CCFC (Holdings) and that is separate from CCFC Ltd, when it's clear they aren't. Even Fisher himself saidf in an interview there was practically no difference between the two companies, now all of a sudden they are!

Every spanner in the works of this debacle has been thrown there by SISU in an attempt to grab the stadium on the cheap. That was their aim. If they'd genuinely wanted a lower rent none of this would have occurred and a compromise would've been reached. But they didn't want that, so they kept moving the goalposts so no deal could be agreed, giving them an(unjustified) reason to continue to not pay the rent and force the stadium into a cash crisis and firesale. They tried to bully their way into getting something for practically nothing and got pushed into a corner when someone fought back.
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby The Englander » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 pm

The Yid wrote:OK so Fisher mentions the word liquidation and everyone shits themselves? It was a single line in an interview, and related directly to wage caps and FFP ... The fact is that they let a personal dislike of SISU cloud their judgement, and as a result its the fans that suffer ... It's pathetic playground nonsense from both sides, yet somehow you can find a way to defend them.... Unbelievable.


Spot on. As for liquidation, SISU said this might happen almost two summers ago (They said there was probably enough funding for one more season), but the article disappeared as quickly as it appeared. We've got an extra season out of them, but no sign of a buy-out, or a license to print money being found. We're fucked.
User avatar
The Englander
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6899
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: What's it to you fuck-face?
Highscores: 7
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby The Yid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 pm

If I was in charge I would never have signed the fucking rental agreement in the first place. If there is only one good thing to come out of this it's that the original lease agreement is history. SISU fucked up signing it - but ACL were happy to bleed their cash cow dry.

What makes me angry is that we have not had a top 6 finish in 40 yrs!!! This is the closest we have been to any modicum of success in the league in my lifetime, and it has been scuppered by a company that has no interest in the long term future of CCFC. They have let this go for over a year, because they knew even though they didn't get their rent, they weren't prepared to let such a money spinning contract go. So why not 6 more weeks?? That's why it comes across as malicious.

As for Fisher's comments... It's hardly a threat is it? It's like saying every time you say you're gonna kill someone we need to call the police!! It's merely posturing, which both sides have done throughout - but ACL decided to react and then had the gall to suggest 'they were doing the best for the club'. They didn't give a fuck about the club when they were taking all the revenue and 1.3m a year in rent.

My only hope is now that someone buys the club and the whole stadium - and ACL and SISU are removed completely from the clubs history. Sadly I don't think I will get my wish on either part.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby AD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

The Englander wrote:
The Yid wrote:OK so Fisher mentions the word liquidation and everyone shits themselves? It was a single line in an interview, and related directly to wage caps and FFP ... The fact is that they let a personal dislike of SISU cloud their judgement, and as a result its the fans that suffer ... It's pathetic playground nonsense from both sides, yet somehow you can find a way to defend them.... Unbelievable.


Spot on. As for liquidation, SISU said this might happen almost two summers ago (They said there was probably enough funding for one more season), but the article disappeared as quickly as it appeared. We've got an extra season out of them, but no sign of a buy-out, or a license to print money being found. We're fucked.


And two seasons ago there were no rent arrears.... so no cause to take legal action against them. At that point they'd have been obliged to make contingency plans for such an eventuality, either with a newly formed club or utilising the space as an entertainment venue. This may well have happened - it has no need to enter the public domain, whereas legal action inevitably does.

And if it were an issue why hadn't they begun negotiating a new rent then? It's not up to the stadium to ask if they're struggling and if they need help, it's up to the club to go and ask for the help. It left that until this season, and then just decided to kick things off with a refusal to pay.

And also at that time for the equivalent of one years rent we had Clinton Morrison and Freddy Eastwood (two years including his transfer fee). Which do you think we got more of a return on?
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Minus 10 pts it is...

Postby The Yid » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Slightly related - but I saw an article earlier in the week saying Higgs wanted to sell their share for £4m. So is that £4m to everyone else apart from SISU??

If that is the case if just illustrates this sorry mess... It's not about business but now about who likes who.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Next

Return to CCFC Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 54 guests