Donny home (or maybe away)

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Donny home (or maybe away)

Postby AD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm

billythefish wrote:I can only base my comments on what I have heard/read and believe to be true and regardless of the who, what and why of whom is at fault then it isnt SISU or ACL. The root cause of all these problems lies with the board in the Richardson era. Hopefully there are a few people from that board (including orange Joe) who are feeling some sort of remorse for the current sad state of affairs at the club. But then again I doubt it.

Yes SISU have made massive mistakes but without them this club would have been in this position many years ago. Fair play to them for trying to make a success of the club despite all the problems they have inherited. I am sure their biggest regret is buying the club in the first place and how the hell we managed to convince them that it was worth purchasing is beyond me. The term buyer beware has never been so apt.

ACL havent helped and Tim makes a valid point. If they had the clubs best interests at heart then they could have made some offer when they realised the club were struggling to make end meet.

Regardless of this the real culprits are the Richardsons board from the HR days and each and every one of them should have nothing to do with this club (or any other club) ever again in in any capacity. Perhaps with the exception of Cardiff or Leicester.

I agree with that (apart from the bit about Fisher who's a grade A twat and CCFC's version of Alistair Campbell)

It's why Elliott's endorsement of Haskell really puts me on edge. He was involved in the BR/GR/MM era, he told everyone things would be fine under SISU and give them your shares and only a few months ago was actively trying to help Hoffman. Why is this man still seen by some as an asset to CCFC - he shouldn't be allowed near the management of the club!
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm

The Yid wrote:
AD wrote:
The Yid wrote:ACL do not want to help the club... They are more interested in their bottom line. The entire original deal for the Ricoh was preposterous, they knew fully well it would be at the clubs detriment.

They are using the emotional shield of the club to deflect away their culpability in this fiasco.

Would you let a person renting a house off you, who hadn't paid for a year and got their rental agreement torn up and moved their assets around so you wouldn't get a penny, stay because they had nowhere else to go? Bollocks would you.

And ACL are so interested in their bottom line they offered, without having any legal requirement to do so, to reduce their own income by 800k a year.

Both these actions are to the detriment of ACL themselves and the benefit of CCFC.

Why as a CCFC fan should I give a shit about ACL's bottom line? I'm more concerned with how the club survive and then move forward. They held the club over a barrel and left them with no choice but to sign the deal. Previously the club did create the situation to get into that mess, but I'm not falling for the ACL are 'doing the best for the club' bullshit.

As for the mortgage analogy I agree, but I wouldn't let that scenario continue for over a year... I would have sorted it in the summer once and for all.

As I have said before ACL were created to manage the facility and support the football club - not the other way round.

You were the one that brought up about ACL only caring about their bottom line. I just pointed out that someone who's only about the bottom line doesn't forego 800k of income unnecessarily......

As you say you'd have sorted out the problem earlier. ACL tried to come to a swift(er) conclusion by making offers quite soon after the request for a cheaper rent. SISU kept on coming back, having talks, supposedly agreeing stuff and then at the last minute deciding there was a problem and negotiations had to start again. Part of ACL's reluctance to take this route could have been down to not wanting to get the club a 10 point penalty and risk further relegation, especially after the start we made. The action was taken once we were practically safe of staying up even with the deduction.

ACL remit is to manage the facility, which includes covering its operating costs which up until recently has required a large rent to cover mortgage payments. Support of the football club isn't actually anywhere in their remit, it's just something that could/should be beneficial to the running of the stadium long term.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

the boss wrote:does anyone know what's going on? Are we fucked or is it the start of a great new era?

Nobody has a scooby
Yes, we're fucked
The NEW ccfc ?
This is an error waiting to happen
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby the boss » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm

bolix wrote:

Nobody has a scooby

just as I thought, funny how everyone is taking side yet no one seems to know what the fuck is going on :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm

About to start again, although I think this won't really be anything much other than ACL paying costs as they brought the action and then removed it.

Some interesting thoughts on the CT

1. Last week it was announced CCFC Ltd were a non-trading entity with no assets, but today it is clear that it holds the league share. So either SISU were lying last week or they've since had to quickly transfer the league share back sharpish as they've realised it's something they weren't going to get away with. And if it's a non-trading entity with no assets why does ARVO, or whoever it is) have a debenture on it? Only possible reason is to make them the main creditor and give them the right to choose their own administrator.
2. if all other assets are still held in the holding company but were moved there in the last year from CCFC Ltd, these can be moved back again by the administrator.
3. If they aren't moved back with CCFC Ltd in administration they are effectively a separate company now from the Holding company and this puts the club in breach of third party ownership rules a la Tevez.
4. If the club is now in administration why is Fisher still making comments and press releases on the website. He no longer has any control or say in the matter, as it is under the management of the administrator.

And as for that twat Fisher. An unnecessary and unwelcome distraction! This could have been sorted out last week if your masters hadn't started pissing about with moving all the assets and putting the club in admin. And how much has all this cost the club in legal fees etc? ACL's action was straightforward. It is SISU's subsequent actions to it that have caused all the distractions! Now shut the fuck up and let the person who's actually now in charge do their job.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 pm

So according to Administrator, he is trying to find who holds the golden share... And that will determine whether we get docked points... Is that where we are at this point? There is so much crap and speculation...
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Des » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:54 pm

The Yid wrote:So according to Administrator, he is trying to find who holds the golden share... And that will determine whether we get docked points... Is that where we are at this point? There is so much crap and speculation...

The FL think it's with the Admin part. How hard can it be? FFS it's not the British Library.
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

bolix wrote:
the boss wrote:does anyone know what's going on? Are we fucked or is it the start of a great new era?

Nobody has a scooby
Yes, we're fucked
The NEW ccfc ?
This is an error waiting to happen

Bossman, for once in your life you're as well informed about something as everyone else.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby skyblue025 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 pm

The Yid wrote:So according to Administrator, he is trying to find who holds the golden share... And that will determine whether we get docked points... Is that where we are at this point? There is so much crap and speculation...

Football league has stated its with the company thats in Admin. Which is why ACL withdrew their admin claim.

SISU deny this. If so it opens up another can of worms with 3rd party ownership.

Just when you hope its becoming clearer, a great big dollop of dog toffee appears to muddy the waters.

FL are making a statement tomorrow so the 10 points will be coming off or worse ( Tevez case) if 3rd party ownership is proven.
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:21 pm

^
Bossman.

We're fucked.

Hear to help !
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Here, even. <stupid phone >
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am

rumour is, it could be 25 points which would leave us 3 points off safety :shock:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 am

:roll: Well....if its -20 or even -25, atleast the final few games this season will actually mean something.....

....I mean -10 points......pah....we could end up finishing 17th.... [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm

On a positive note if we do go down we have a sarfend away game!

Wonder if that hotel we used is still around!
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Pretty much. Although I fail to see the problem. FA and FL say it's with CCFC Ltd. As the share is essentially membership to them you'd imagine they'd be the main authority on knowing where it is.

It's quite clear that from any practical point of view the entire club is in admin, but this is a legal point of view so practicality means nothing!
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Jeez. That fucking useless 'renting a house' line again. Not in the slightest bit fucking relevant. If my landlord was over-charging me, I would look for another house, because there are loads of them around. There aren't loads of football grounds to choose from.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby AD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 pm

The Englander wrote:Jeez. That fucking useless 'renting a house' line again. Not in the slightest bit fucking relevant. If my landlord was over-charging me, I would look for another house, because there are loads of them around. There aren't loads of football grounds to choose from.

So economic theory says that's a lack of supply, so the price should increase ;-)

For balance I will also say there aren't a huge amount of uses for a large stadium so demand isn't particularly high and so should bring the price down [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm

plastic scouser wrote::roll: Well....if its -20 or even -25, atleast the final few games this season will actually mean something.....

....I mean -10 points......pah....we could end up finishing 17th.... [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

My guess is enough points deducted to mean we're fighting a relegation battle. Sort of preferable to losing some this season, some next, which would mean almost definitely writing off two season, not just this one. 17th would be nice....
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Des » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Terrific performance today, especially from Fleck and Barton - my MoM. A welcome break from all this rent/admin/litigation shite.
Des

Postby Burf » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:41 pm

It all seems sort of hollow & pointless though.
Until this mess is sorted out, what's the point?

We've beaten the league leaders - done the double over them - & it feels totally meaningless.
Burf
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat