can see it coming..

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: can see it coming..

Postby dog rout 21 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 pm

I've not read everything as I've been drinking but this sounds like SISU have pulled an amazing fast one, the council are probably eating their expenses allowance steak dinner in covent garden before the court case tomorrow and hear this has happened, they'll be choking on their £5 beer right now :lol:

ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

The Yid wrote:I have to agree there... ACL thought they were calling all the shots a week ago and now they're merely spectators with a £113m problem.

Commercially....the Ricoh will probably be more lucrative without a failing football club cluttering up the calendar. They can hold more concerts and other sport "events" that will provide more lucrative revenue streams. They, ACL, will be tarnished by fans who have sided with Sisu but do they give a fuck?
Southampton DID try this ADMIN scam but the Football League saw through it and docked them the points anyway.
Anybody who thinks this bit of creative accounting absolves the club isn't born.
It does look like ACL may have to shut the doors. There was talk of this before the last home match.
Sisu have called their bluff.....is it, as SBS suggests, "a masterstroke". ?? Perhaps for the lawyers involved but not for the club and their long suffering fans. :evil:
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby dog rout 21 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 am

bolix wrote:Commercially....the Ricoh will probably be more lucrative without a failing football club cluttering up the calendar. They can hold more concerts and other sport "events" that will provide more lucrative revenue streams.

Amazing nonsense.
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

can see it coming..

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 am

Heard a whisper that a substantial amount of land has recently been purchased near to Coventry Airport by "someone" associated with the club.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 am

bolix wrote:Commercially....the Ricoh will probably be more lucrative without a failing football club cluttering up the calendar. They can hold more concerts and other sport "events" that will provide more lucrative revenue streams.

That's like saying communism is a better political system than capitalism. In theory it sounds nice but in practice it's complete bollocks
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Burf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 am

I still don't think the FL are gonna let Sisu dodge the bullet like this - they didn't let Southampton pull a similar
stunt & we might suffer even more points deduction.... :(

It's looking like 10am in the High Court will be nothing more than a formality though : ACL having a meeting a 4pm today
& apparently meetings with the FL today too - fairly crucial I'd say.
Les Reid is also reporting that ACL are saying they won't lock CCFC out for home matches....

what a tangled thicket this is...
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 am

....Its a right fucking mess ain't it...

i've got a workshop full of machines & a snow-covered springer spaniel.....I've not got time to read all this shit.... :lol:

......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

So it looks like Tuesday is crunch time now.

ACL will push to appoint their chosen administrator - if the Judge concurs it'll probably mean a 10pts deduction this season...

I predict SISU will pull another rabbit this weekend though, like registering CCFC to play in the pan-Galactic league. Home games
to henceforth be at new ground being constructed on the Sea of Tranquility, away fixtures will be a blast, with nearest being Callisto FC ( Jovian champions ) - 9 year round trip. But that's small beer compared to the prestige away fixture at Tau Ceti - 456,000 year round trip. Let's hope it's a Saturday, not mid-week fixture.

PUSB !
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 am

The Yid wrote:

That's like saying communism is a better political system than capitalism. In theory it sounds nice but in practice it's complete bollocks

Not sure I understand that comparison....but I am willing to try..?
Meanwhile in the real world of hard finance which equates to the capitalist "bums on seats" analogy the ricoh arena are advertising Bruce Juice at £55, £60, £62.50 and £155 (hospitality) with booking fees and car parking on top.
A sellout would be 40,000 bums (do the maths and dont forget F&B).The biggest gate at the Ricoh, who was it? Take That, Oasis?
Dog thinks this is irrelevant, bolix or immaterial? I am not so sure.....but then I'm sober. ;-)
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 am

http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment ... ringsteen/

Just checked the car parking £22.50!!
Robbing bastards.
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:01 pm

bolix wrote:http://www.ricoharena.com/entertainment/entertainment-events/brucespringsteen/

Just checked the car parking £22.50!!
Robbing bastards.

That they are. Luckily I have a mate who will let me park free :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm not sure why this is being seen as a masterstroke out of the blue - I predicted it as a move ages ago. The only surprise to me was that it took so long for them to separate the lease from everything else.

Meanwhile, thought ACL may have lost the rent arrears (I'm sure this kind of shit of creating new companies for a single contract and then adminning it is pulled all the time to get out of contracts and the legal system is wise to it.) it can now also put forward the arena for many many more shows. It only needs an extra couple a year to make up the CCFC rent (or one if you take the offered £400k.

And I can't see the club getting away with a points deduction from it - Soton didn't get away with it. If anything it'll piss them off enough to increase the penalty a la Leeds, so whereas we could have just been out of the play-off picture this stunt could lead to us possibly flirting with the bottom of the table.

Then there is the issues facing the club.
1) How much are they paying for renting somewhere else (and does it include the beer sales)?
2) How long does that agreement last for?
3) How big is the stadium and what facilities does it contain?
4) If it's being shared with another club do any of our games clash with theirs thus leading to us having to rearrange fixtures - annoying supporters?
5) Will the pitch be in a worse condition or be more susceptible to games being postponed, leading to even fewer people willing to buy tickets in the current weather in case games get called off?
6) How many less fans will they be getting because it's further away, and how much will that cost the club in lost revenue (vital for FFP rules)? I expect some of the locals from wherever we end up playing may turn up, especially initially for the novelty factor, but I expect long term quite a decrease in attendance.
7) They have to pay for transport for fans to the new ground - how much will that cost and how awkward will that be to ensure everyone gets there on time?
8) Can those with season tickets or pre-purchased tickets for this season demand a refund for them due to this circumstance?
9) What about those with hospitality and corporate bookings. Lots of money from that and they won't be in the slightest bit afraid to cancel and sue over it.
10) Where are we going to play next year? You can't build a stadium in 6 months

As far as I can see, SISU have lost out on the ticket revenue of a few thousand fans per game for the sake of getting the money from a pint and a burger. Considering their big thing was about maximum revenue for FFP rules so they could afford better players this seems to me to be a spectacular own goal.
Last edited by AD on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby haggis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:45 pm

thats some funky point numbering system you have there!
-----------------------------------------------

Theres a man with a mullett going mad with a mallett in Milletts
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:48 pm

haggis wrote:thats some funky point numbering system you have there!

It was indeed! I moved a few points around and forgot to redo it. Anyway, we've had this boring numbering system too long - time for a mathematical revolution!
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:53 pm

bolix wrote:Meanwhile in the real world of hard finance which equates to the capitalist "bums on seats" analogy the ricoh arena are advertising Bruce Juice at £55, £60, £62.50 and £155 (hospitality) with booking fees and car parking on top.
A sellout would be 40,000 bums (do the maths and dont forget F&B).The biggest gate at the Ricoh, who was it? Take That, Oasis?

These acts don't appear for free.

I'm not someone who goes to open air stadium concerts... are these venues busy all year round or do most events appear during the summer?
Timbo

Postby Des » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Sounds like SISU are clearing the club shop. Who owns the Jimmy Hill statue?
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby AD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Timbo wrote:
bolix wrote:Meanwhile in the real world of hard finance which equates to the capitalist "bums on seats" analogy the ricoh arena are advertising Bruce Juice at £55, £60, £62.50 and £155 (hospitality) with booking fees and car parking on top.
A sellout would be 40,000 bums (do the maths and don't forget F&B).The biggest gate at the Ricoh, who was it? Take That, Oasis?

I'm not someone who goes to open air stadium concerts... are these venues busy all year round or do most events appear during the summer?

Not over winter obviously, but Spring and Autumn are usually the biggest. That's why the gigs we've had have been very close to the start or end of a season. Summer isn't a big time because people can go on holiday, and many of the acts do the festivals during summer.

I wouldn't expect the place to be constantly in use, just a couple more a year so hardly always bustling, but enough to make up the revenue I reckon.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:34 pm

We can at least stop debating if SISU have put any money in..

"ACL' s chosen administraitor has just confirmed on the radio that from the club accounts that SISU have put in excess of £50m since taking over the club"
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:55 pm

AD wrote:
Timbo wrote:
A sellout would be 40,000 bums (do the maths and don't forget F&B).The biggest gate at the Ricoh, who was it? Take That, Oasis?

Not over winter obviously, but Spring and Autumn are usually the biggest. That's why the gigs we've had have been very close to the start or end of a season. Summer isn't a big time because people can go on holiday, and many of the acts do the festivals during summer.

I wouldn't expect the place to be constantly in use, just a couple more a year so hardly always bustling, but enough to make up the revenue I reckon.

Yeah, that's all clear AD but you may not say that ACL do not need CCFC.
Or that not having a shit club cluttering up the calendar is actually an advantage.
That is heresy. ;-)
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Heresy... stupidity.... short-sightedness.... whatever you want to call it. ;-)
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat