Carsley

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Carsley

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:52 am

Butt goat wrestling is fun !
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 am

Realist wrote:
Burf wrote:so Pressley it is. Didnt rate him in his brief stint as a player, but best of luck to him as manager.

He's going to need it.

I liked him. He was a bit raw admittedly, but he was only young and we could work with him to improve him, but oh no, Big Con decided not to bother coaching and replaced him with that joker Shaw. I've never gotten over it, replacing a nasty centre-half who wanted to mix it and hurt people with a clown who was afraid to head the ball... Inspired.

I think that's a decent assessment. He definitely needed more time to bed in and wasn't given it. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember it being suggested he wanted to go back up north anyway though.

I think he was a bit overly aggressive to a point of practically picking fights with people, which may have been his downfall. Mixing it is fine but you have to be able to know how to keep control and at the time he struggled with that.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

From memory he was raw but there was something with him that suggested he could be a decent player. Not sure if was a case of the management just losing there patience with him or perhaps him making the move too early. Whatever it was I can see why we moved him on and whilst its subjective if he would have made a top player down here in England he seemed to be making the same or similar mistakes time after time. How long as a manager do you stick with him or move him on and bring in someone else?

AD - not sure if he asked to move back or not but seem to remember that he certainly had fallen out with management at the time and the move back was no suprise to the fans.

Oh well good start as a manager but the important thing now is to try and solve the home form. If (and its a massive if) we win the next couple of home games and we could be in a playoff place come the end of the month.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Burf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

it's looking like Leon Clarke will probably miss tomorrow.... so expect more home disappointment, unless we can actually manage to keep a clean sheet & someone else can knock a goal in ....
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 pm

....I can't really remember Pressley at City...

....I can't really remember much between 1988 - 1998 to be honest... :lol:

...but its not like he turned out to be a world class player is it.....I mean he spent most of his career at mediocre scottish clubs.....

Hopefully he'll turn out to be a better manager than he was a defender eh!
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Nick » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Reading have sacked McDermott - and as Pressley has a 100% win ratio better watch our backs
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Previous

Return to CCFC Chat