This rent row

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: This rent row

Postby Des » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Realist wrote:
Des wrote:
Realist wrote:I've just blinked, does that count?

Yes, you're now the new owner.

INVEST, YOU TWAT!!!

Not even I can print it quick enough to get us out of the shit.

Not good enough, the bed sheets are ready for the next game...
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

This rent row

Postby Realist » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Realist OUT. :lol:

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby the boss » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:17 pm

the results we get at home make it quite appealing if we're forced to play all games away 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue025 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Havent really been keeping up with it all.

With the bank accounts frozen does this give ACL access to the money or does it mean no one can use it???
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

This rent row

Postby Roger Mellie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 pm

I took my five year old daughter to her first ever football match today (why should I suffer alone?)

The match was utter turd, terrible football, shit atmosphere, crap ref and bollocks result. Yet I walked away really hoping that this situation can be resolved. I gave up on football years ago and have managed to feel complete indifference to the club and it's results for a while now, yet seeing the nipper with eyes wide open taking in all the sounds, colours, songs and even the smell reminded me of how I felt all those years ago when I first went.

I think the club has pretty much alienated itself from all of us that have been going since the pre Ricoh years but it would be a travesty if the young uns didn't get to experience what a match day is like, even if the magic soon wears off.

The joy of football has gone for me but lets hope that future generations at least get to sample it.

Get the printer running Real, we're going to launch a bid :lol:

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 am

Fuck that....Close us down....At least then my kids can become proper Evertonians without me feeling guilty....
Android [ Post made via Android ]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I took four people that never go to football too, Mr. Mellie. I doubt they're in a rush to go back....

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... ff-chances
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby AD » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 am

The Yid wrote:The only thing screwing our club into the ground is the Council and ACL.

Really? Not the agents and players taking vast amounts more than the rent in transfer fees and wages then... How many of the players do you think have voluntarily offered to cut their wages by 2/3? And if they did would the owners turn round and say "No, 90% and we get your goal/assist/clean sheet/appearance bonuses, or else we're not paying you at all" I mean, it's not like the players have any way of affecting the results that have led to relegation and the losses of revenue related to that is it..... No it's all that nasty stadiums fault, which ACL specifically designed to tilt to allow the opposition to have an advantage!

And SISU's determination to show ACL is failing is surely therefore nothing more than them admitting that the rent ISN'T too high. If them failing to pay it would put ACL out of business then the rent clearly needs to be that high. If the stadium cost too much to build leading to a massive mortgage then that's the clubs fault - the design and building work had already started when they got involved.Whereas kids who are little more than trainees rock up in cars most people couldn't afford during their entire lifetimes, despite working incredibly hard in jobs way more important and stressful than kicking a bag of wind around.

And I noticed in the threat of insolvency interview Waggott gave he stated the club had TWO third party debt orders - who put in the second one? Over a year not paying the rent and yet there's still other parties who aren't being paid and feel it sufficiently large enough to warrant spending money on legal action. Which shows that paying less rent isn't making the blindest bit of difference - even with an effective rent paid of £0 over the last twelve months we've still not got enough money to pay the bills.

At least this year SISU have realised eventually that having a small squad and then not replacing it is a false economy (although they did start the year like that under Thorn and it changed under Robins, so maybe it's just that Robins was less compliant than Thorn and we could see a return to the lack of players being brought in if the next manager isn't strong willed enough to demand squad improvements, assuming of course we're ever out of a transfer embargo long enough)
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Loads of words written on this but it all boils down to one thing the club are losing money hand over fist week in week out. Sisu somehow have to try and change this. They have tried to reduce the squad in both size and costs (failed and got relagated), they have tried to negotiate the rent agreement (failed to date).

Rather than argue the toss over who is right or wrong on this matter they need to balance the books or reduce the losses to a level that they can accept. How the hell do they do this? Until someone can bring this club back together and we get the income streams available and are able to then maximise them we are stuffed end of. We can argue as much as we like but thats the harsh reality of it.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby haggis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Coventry City FC players have not been paid for almost a month now sky sports news have revealed. This comes following the sky blues accounts being frozen last month. The PFA will have to stand in if this issue is not resolved within the next week and the club will automatically go into admistration and incur a 10 point deduction
-----------------------------------------------

Theres a man with a mullett going mad with a mallett in Milletts
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

.....Well some of them **** don't deserve paying.....

...Ahh well....even though it should, it doesn't even bother me anymore....we've been under threat of extinction for so long, I've become comfortably numb.....

...and theres always Marine FC.... 8)
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Without playing this down isn't it common practice to pay monthly? In which case the wages are late, but by only a few days maybe.... ?
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby haggis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

It might not even be true at all, I just copy and pasted it from somewhere :lol:
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nick » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Now the Vice Chairman has resigned - Do we have a Chairman? the club is imploding around us
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby The Englander » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Keep going ACL, you verminous bunch of cnuts....
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Burf » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Up shit creek without the proverbial rowing implement is where we are. Fucking wankers.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Time for the Untrust to make their move.... If we all chuck a quid in our bid will already be 50 times more viable than Hoffman's......
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm in!
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Des » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:59 pm

This is quite interesting http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/