This rent row

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!


Previous topicNext topic

Re: This rent row

Postby The Yid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 pm

bolix wrote:
The Yid wrote:
As for the club, if I was Tim Fisher i'd expect my job to involve getting the best deal possible for CCFC, from negotiating player contracts, to maximising money made from player transfers.


I agree with this. This is what football clubs do. But not CCFC under SISU. King, Gunnarse, Westwood, Turner.....all earned the club a fraction of their overall worth in transfer fees. They could have been secured under short/medium/or longer contracts but weren't. Only Turner secured a fee for the club a reported £750,000 which should've been twice that.........probably three years profit on pies and pints ffs!!
Your logic (Yid) stacks up but is immediately rubbished by the idiocy of SISU. WHY ON EARTH therefore should ACL be expected to break contracts in order to make up for the idiocy and ineptitude of Sisu?
I'd get down the council offices with Mellie's "ACL out" bed sheet because you've clearly thought this through. [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif] [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif] [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif]


So shall we exist forevermore being crippled because we'd rather feel morally correct in damning SISU than looking for a workable way to move forward. Lets just be pleased we can attach blame instead of trying to find a way to break the cycle of the last 40 years.

Liverpool aside - Has there ever been a club and a set of fans so obsessed with being victims? Lets all grab a bedsheet, pop down the council offices and celebrate being utterly shit at being a football club, and a city. Only in Coventry could fans be happier with the prospect of going out of business than having to pay a penalty on a fucking broken catering contract.

SISU have made their fucks up, but instead of drawing a line under it and moving on, I'm sure we'd all be happier wallowing in misery because we enjoy being victims so much.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Image
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: This rent row

Postby bolix » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

The Yid wrote:
bolix wrote:
The Yid wrote:
As for the club, if I was Tim Fisher i'd expect my job to involve getting the best deal possible for CCFC, from negotiating player contracts, to maximising money made from player transfers.


I agree with this. This is what football clubs do. But not CCFC under SISU. King, Gunnarse, Westwood, Turner.....all earned the club a fraction of their overall worth in transfer fees. They could have been secured under short/medium/or longer contracts but weren't. Only Turner secured a fee for the club a reported £750,000 which should've been twice that.........probably three years profit on pies and pints ffs!!
Your logic (Yid) stacks up but is immediately rubbished by the idiocy of SISU. WHY ON EARTH therefore should ACL be expected to break contracts in order to make up for the idiocy and ineptitude of Sisu?
I'd get down the council offices with Mellie's "ACL out" bed sheet because you've clearly thought this through. [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif] [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif] [smilie=icon_emoticonthumb.gif]


So shall we exist forevermore being crippled because we'd rather feel morally correct in damning SISU than looking for a workable way to move forward. Lets just be pleased we can attach blame instead of trying to find a way to break the cycle of the last 40 years.

Liverpool aside - Has there ever been a club and a set of fans so obsessed with being victims? Lets all grab a bedsheet, pop down the council offices and celebrate being utterly shit at being a football club, and a city. Only in Coventry could fans be happier with the prospect of going out of business than having to pay a penalty on a fucking broken catering contract.

SISU have made their fucks up, but instead of drawing a line under it and moving on, I'm sure we'd all be happier wallowing in misery because we enjoy being victims so much.


Generally I'm an optimistic sort....and when Sisu took the club over I was relieved as the alternative was "no club".
However, they are not and will never be good for the club as they have no interest in achieving financial success for their investors (whoever thewy are???) by achieving success for CCFC on the pitch.
And, to make my point, we are about to enter into yet another transfer embargo....as of midnight tonight.
I suppose this is the Council's fault too.??
Or ACL's??
:roll: :roll:
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
User avatar
bolix
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 pm
 
Prediction League Wins: 1



Re: This rent row

Postby The Yid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 pm

So you don't think anyone at SISU has made the connection between success on the pitch and financial success off it? I agree there methods last year were hopelessly wrong... But I think it is different now.
They are the only owner in the last 25 years that have tried to put in place a break even model... Imagine that a football club that makes as much as it spends. Perhaps it's too abstract for you?

I heard about the transfer embargo... For not filing accounts on time and/or not showing evidence to provide funding for next season. Lets look at why:

1. No assets
2. Rent is ludicrously high
3. No access to revenue at a 100 million pound stadium
4. Current owners putting in £5 million a year to keep afloat.

So is all that down to SISU? Perhaps they should take their £5 million a year and play elsewhere... That way Hoffman and his imaginary investors can fill the gap... But wait they can't because there's another full of shit **** that hasn't got a fucking clue.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: This rent row

Postby bolix » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 pm

The Yid wrote:So you don't think anyone at SISU has made the connection between success on the pitch and financial success off it? I agree there methods last year were hopelessly wrong... But I think it is different now.
They are the only owner in the last 25 years that have tried to put in place a break even model... Imagine that a football club that makes as much as it spends. Perhaps it's too abstract for you?

I heard about the transfer embargo... For not filing accounts on time and/or not showing evidence to provide funding for next season. Lets look at why:

1. No assets
2. Rent is ludicrously high
3. No access to revenue at a 100 million pound stadium
4. Current owners putting in £5 million a year to keep afloat.

So is all that down to SISU? Perhaps they should take their £5 million a year and play elsewhere... That way Hoffman and his imaginary investors can fill the gap... But wait they can't because there's another full of shit **** that hasn't got a fucking clue.


I have conceded that Sisu are making the right sort of noises and a fair rent/F&B is part of this. If, as you say, they are losing £5M a year just by sticking around then more than just a few quid for pies and beer is wrong. Sorry I just dont buy it. They have had to deal with the sins of previous owners....even more reason why they should have tried to keep everyone on side by having a coherent policy that earned trust. They have singularly failed in this regard......they have divided the fan base, alienated the council, pissed off several managers, got us relegated and reduced gates by more than 55%.
Everyone says - "but there's nobody else" :cry: :cry: :cry: .....even sisu.....and for that reason I dont believe it.
They're liars....and haven't a clue....its a toxic combination.
User avatar
bolix
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 pm
 
Prediction League Wins: 1



Re: This rent row

Postby Burf » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:46 am

Ok, my next idea to square this circle :

Bake a massive, massive pie that can hold 25k supporters & play our home games in that.

Catering staff just have to scrape the insides of the stadium off into paper bags & charge £2.00 a
pop to the punters. Perhaps we could think of integrating the beer & beverages in a similar way too,
like using Carlsberg for the under pitch sprinkler system ?

Far fetched ? Well fuck you then.
time to think outside the box people.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: This rent row

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Like your "sky blue thinking" burf....

...How about we remain in this division next season, but "sell" an advantage, a head-start, to opponents who visit the Ricoh....

...So when MK Dons roll up, for example, we can offer them a 1 goal start for 25K, 2 goal start for 40K or 3 goal start for 50K.


Also, lets establish an "exit tax" for those wishing to leave the Ricoh.....it can be applied to any home fan who leaves before the final whistle, and any away fan who leaves...period.
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
User avatar
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The City of Culture!!
 



Re: This rent row

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

As fans often moan about the mounting costs involved in attending games, I'm sure my previous proposals may initially be met with some resistance......

....So lets reward the poor supporters with a cracking offer in 2013/14 season...


Roll up, roll up....Get your "typical Coventry City supporter kit" at the club shop.....

Kit includes:
1 x bed-sheet
1 x Crayon.
6 x sausage rolls
1 x £2 fashion token (redeemable at Matalan, Primark & Millets)
1 x inflatable girlfriend.
User avatar
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The City of Culture!!
 



Re: This rent row

Postby billythefish » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Looks increasing like Admin is coming

You just know we will go on a run, go unbeaten, win the league and then get deducted 10 points to finish just outside the playoffs. Oh well cricket season soon!
billythefish
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Normally on Sofa with keebab and lager.
 
Prediction League Wins: 2



Re: This rent row

Postby bolix » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Burf, Ps,
Sheffers playing passes knee deep in steak and kidney pie, thunderstorm at HT, soggy pastry roof collapses tripping beer sprinklers and blocking entrances.
Everybody drowns, except for Mellie clinging tenaciously to his inflatable.
Oh well.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
bolix
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 pm
 
Prediction League Wins: 1



Re: This rent row

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 pm

BTF.....I don't think Admin will happen as the debt is virtually all Sisus anyhow.....

Now insolvency...cease trading altogether......thats a different matter :(

bolix....you're clearly mad.....Sheffers passing?? [smilie=icon_blink.gif] [smilie=icon_blink.gif]
User avatar
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The City of Culture!!
 



Re: This rent row

Postby The Yid » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm

I can't see administration this season, as the court order from ACL is after the last game.

Imagine we get promoted then end up starting in the Championship on -10 points...
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: This rent row

Postby billythefish » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

The Yid wrote:I can't see administration this season, as the court order from ACL is after the last game.

Imagine we get promoted then end up starting in the Championship on -10 points...


Surely even with the odd lucky result we should be able to manage to keep that below zero points over the season.
billythefish
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Normally on Sofa with keebab and lager.
 
Prediction League Wins: 2



This rent row

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Bolix, I need your name and address as I need to fill in the rest of the retraining order you strange ****.

Quite how you have me down as a SISU fanboy strictly due to the fact I would rather have at least some investment than none is beyond me.

Find me a new investor and I'll join your fanciful crusade. But having seen how stupid you were made to look with your insistence Thorn is a football manager means I'll probably just carry on treating the club with the indifference it deserves.

Out of interest, where is Thorn managing now?
Image

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
User avatar
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:49 pm
 



Re: This rent row

Postby the boss » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Roger Mellie wrote:Bolix, I need your name and address as I need to fill in the rest of the retraining order you strange ****.

Quite how you have me down as a SISU fanboy strictly due to the fact I would rather have at least some investment than none is beyond me.




I have inside info of a group planning to take over the club and invest big time 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7780
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm
 



Re: This rent row

Postby bolix » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Nice post RM.
Thorn was a scout employed by a hedge fund.
I only thought he was doing his best which admittedly was shite but then he had no support and I'll often embrace a lost cause. Stating the bleeding obvious is what you're good at.
Sisu are winding the club down....it'll end in tears.
Nobody will come out of it well. I'm just looking forward to the day when finally the plug is pulled and the club can start again.
Everything else is just proper gander ;)
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
bolix
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 pm
 
Prediction League Wins: 1



Re: This rent row

Postby The Yid » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 pm

The only thing screwing our club into the ground is the Council and ACL.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: This rent row

Postby Des » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 pm

The Yid wrote:The only thing screwing our club into the ground is the Council and ACL.


And the real problem is that between them is a seemingly irrevocable break down in trust.

SISU threaten ACL with leaving the Ricoh and ACL call that bluff.

ACL know that SISU are desperate to avoid a £45M+ hole in their investment portfolio.

Who'll blink first?
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
User avatar
Des
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:04 pm
 



This rent row

Postby Realist » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm

I've just blinked, does that count?
Image

Prediction League World Champion.
User avatar
Realist
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:46 am
 
Prediction League Wins: 2



Re: This rent row

Postby Des » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Realist wrote:I've just blinked, does that count?


Yes, you're now the new owner.


INVEST, YOU TWAT!!!
User avatar
Des
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4587
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:04 pm
 



This rent row

Postby Realist » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Des wrote:
Realist wrote:I've just blinked, does that count?


Yes, you're now the new owner.


INVEST, YOU TWAT!!!


Not even I can print it quick enough to get us out of the shit.
User avatar
Realist
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:46 am
 
Prediction League Wins: 2



PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 52 guests