Southampton

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Southampton

Postby Realist » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Just liquidate the club. As much as I try not to care I still do, and I'm sick of the bastards hurting me.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nsrcok

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Re: Southampton

Postby Burf » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:21 pm

^
What he said.
Android [ Post made via Android ]
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Those that want rid of Thorn never ever suggest who we should have instead.

Could this be because they haven't even thought what the next step would be and, even if they have, are unable to accept just how utterly futile this process would be?

Probably.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby adge » Tue May 01, 2012 8:13 am

plastic scouser wrote:FAO adge:

Jeffers, Clarke, Thomas, Willis & Cameron have all recently represented England at either U17, U18 or U19 level......

...just saying...
Er yes and so did Marcus Hall! [smilie=icon_blink.gif]. I have quite a bit to do with grass roots/local youth football where i live and i can tell you that the Coventry academy's name as a set up stinks. People try and avoid it like the plague and will deflect to Villa/Walsall/West Brom/Wolves/Leicester. A mass production of piles of shit over the years that you people have witnessed the same as myself-but still revel in the fact that we are producing good young talent! :lol:
I thought the idea was/is to produce talent and bring them on to the first team and maybe sell them on for a profit? Remind me of the last player in the last 10-12 years who has achieved this and been sold on to a "better" club at a profit? Ben Turner is the only one since Chris Kirkland done the same and the later being the only one to play at the top level regularly. Don't bother mentioning McSheffrey as he soon got found out after 10-12 games.
It was obvious that Keogh was carrying the team on his own all season but i think most would agree that Norwood was a decent performer aswell. Was he around the same age as most of our "talented kids" that were playing alongside him? Answer-yes. Did he stand out/look a level above those around him? Answer-yes. Was he part of the academy/youth set up here? Answer-no. Draw your own conclusions.
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 am

adge wrote:
plastic scouser wrote:FAO adge:

Jeffers, Clarke, Thomas, Willis & Cameron have all recently represented England at either U17, U18 or U19 level......

...just saying...
Er yes and so did Marcus Hall! [smilie=icon_blink.gif]. I have quite a bit to do with grass roots/local youth football where i live and i can tell you that the Coventry academy's name as a set up stinks. People try and avoid it like the plague and will deflect to Villa/Walsall/West Brom/Wolves/Leicester. A mass production of piles of shit over the years that you people have witnessed the same as myself-but still revel in the fact that we are producing good young talent! :lol:
I thought the idea was/is to produce talent and bring them on to the first team and maybe sell them on for a profit? Remind me of the last player in the last 10-12 years who has achieved this and been sold on to a "better" club at a profit? Ben Turner is the only one since Chris Kirkland done the same and the later being the only one to play at the top level regularly. Don't bother mentioning McSheffrey as he soon got found out after 10-12 games.
It was obvious that Keogh was carrying the team on his own all season but i think most would agree that Norwood was a decent performer aswell. Was he around the same age as most of our "talented kids" that were playing alongside him? Answer-yes. Did he stand out/look a level above those around him? Answer-yes. Was he part of the academy/youth set up here? Answer-no. Draw your own conclusions.

well that would be the 1st thing that should be addressed. Start with getting people in who can spot talent and people who can take that talent and bring it on to the next level. Sacking after sacking just takes money away from investing in youth. Whats the point in any long term plan if we have a knee jerk policy 8)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 am

adge wrote:I have quite a bit to do with grass roots/local youth football where i live

Poor fucking kids.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby haggis » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

dog rout 21 wrote:
adge wrote:I have quite a bit to do with grass roots/local youth football where i live

Poor fucking kids.

He obviously lives in Bridgend!
-----------------------------------------------

Theres a man with a mullett going mad with a mallett in Milletts
haggis
Administrator
Administrator

Postby plastic scouser » Tue May 01, 2012 9:01 am

Er yes and so did Marcus Hall

....and so did Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand etc. etc.

so what? ...some make it, some don't....

Clearly though, City ARE producing good youth players as they are getting international caps.....the key is their development from 17 or 18 onwards...

...I do know one things for sure....booing them & slating them at every opportunity is not productive.
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 am

Just because somethings been rubbish before doesn't mean it will continue to be. If we assume it will and behave as such then its no wonder when history repeats itself.

The fact that the kids are getting more chance at senior level that any point in our recent history is a break from whats gone before. Their experiences are different to those that previously failed to progress so perhaps this time they will develop into the players we need them to be.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby AD » Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 am

I don't think the problem has ever been the academy - it has by-and-large done very well against other sides in similar age groups. The problem has always been once they progress into the professional ranks. Their development just goes backwards. So if I was one of the parents I'd probably suggest using the Cov academy but signing pro elsewhere.

I think part of that is a lack of a reserves and not sending players out on loan to gain experience. Carsley has just been appointed as 'development coach' which is an U21's reserve team, so hopefully that will help and give the youngsters more time to learn.

And adge, Norwood is 21 and spent three years as a pro, Thomas and Bigi are 18 and technically should have been in the second year of the academy this year.

How many of Man U's academy people make it? Remember Eddie Johnson? What a pile of shite he was
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am

Timbo wrote:Just because somethings been rubbish before doesn't mean it will continue to be. If we assume it will and behave as such then its no wonder when history repeats itself.

Timbo, I could kiss you :lol: When this club and its ''fans'' remove the veil of disbelief, fear, and negativity, then and only then will it move on.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 am

AD wrote:I don't think the problem has ever been the academy - it has by-and-large done very well against other sides in similar age groups. The problem has always been once they progress into the professional ranks. Their development just goes backwards. So if I was one of the parents I'd probably suggest using the Cov academy but signing pro elsewhere.

I think part of that is a lack of a reserves and not sending players out on loan to gain experience. Carsley has just been appointed as 'development coach' which is an U21's reserve team, so hopefully that will help and give the youngsters more time to learn.

And adge, Norwood is 21 and spent three years as a pro, Thomas and Bigi are 18 and technically should have been in the second year of the academy this year.

How many of Man U's academy people make it? Remember Eddie Johnson? What a pile of shite he was
So Norwood is 21-round about the same age as Jordan Clark then? Lets forget about this age how old/how young garbage. If you are good enough you are old enough and will progress and no doubt be spotted.How old is Phil Jones again? How old is Chris Smalling? Oh yes...... :roll: I will bet any money that our "Diamonds" that we have produced this season that not one will go on to play at the top level or even regularly go on and play in the championship. But hey-continue safe in the knowledge that your new Gary McSheffrey is on the production line and will be along soon.
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Tue May 01, 2012 11:17 am

I might be wrong, but didnt a certain Daniel Sturridge start in our youth set-up ?? :?:

( genuine question, not rhetorical one, btw...my memory aint what it used to .....)
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am

adge wrote:
AD wrote:I don't think the problem has ever been the academy - it has by-and-large done very well against other sides in similar age groups. The problem has always been once they progress into the professional ranks. Their development just goes backwards. So if I was one of the parents I'd probably suggest using the Cov academy but signing pro elsewhere.

So Norwood is 21-round about the same age as Jordan Clark then? Lets forget about this age how old/how young garbage. If you are good enough you are old enough and will progress and no doubt be spotted.How old is Phil Jones again? How old is Chris Smalling? Oh yes...... :roll: I will bet any money that our "Diamonds" that we have produced this season that not one will go on to play at the top level or even regularly go on and play in the championship. But hey-continue safe in the knowledge that your new Gary McSheffrey is on the production line and will be along soon.

You're surely on the wind up right? Keep comparing us to Manure :lol: Jordan Clark plays for us so, no, he's not going to be as good as Jones or Smalling. Great point. You'll be telling us next that we aren't still in with a chance of winning the Premiership :shock:
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 am

did we not just have the young player of the season for the championship :?:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue May 01, 2012 11:35 am

Man U had 2 players in their 1st 11 last night that came though its academy, Scholes and Giggs, both in their middle 30's so whats going wrong there :?:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 am

dog rout 21 wrote:
adge wrote:

You're surely on the wind up right? Keep comparing us to Manure :lol: Jordan Clark plays for us so, no, he's not going to be as good as Jones or Smalling. Great point. You'll be telling us next that we aren't still in with a chance of winning the Premiership :shock:
:lol: Good one! You keep bleating on about age/give them a chance-the point being the 2 players ages above are in comparison to what we had/have on the pitch. I get slated if i mention age as we "must wait and see and not write them off and wait for them to develop" :roll: Who's comparing Clark to Man U by the way?
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 am

Chris Smalling: Fulham youth & England U18, U20's.
Phil jones: Blackburn youth & England U19's.

....so these 2 lads have progressed since being in the England U18/U19 set-up.....

but they must of been total shit because Marcus Hall also played for the England U19's... :roll:

As i've already stated, City have 5 or 6 youngsters who have all recently been judged good enough to represent their country, just like Jones, Smalling, ronney, Cole, Ferdinand et al were....

...Again, repeating myself, but the key is how City look after thme from here on in....

The youth set-up works....this is clearly borne out by FACTS...
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 am

the boss wrote:Man U had 2 players in their 1st 11 last night that came though its academy, Scholes and Giggs, both in their middle 30's so whats going wrong there :?:
Nothing! My point exactly! 2 players who have been produced by an academy and have gone on to play 20 years at the top. The penny is finally dropping!
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby adge » Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 am

the boss wrote:did we not just have the young player of the season for the championship :?:
You mean the one who couldn't find a team mate for the entire first half and was taken off at half time?
adge
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat