Southampton

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Southampton

Postby The Yid » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 am

Well what exactly do you expect from a team that had 7 players under 19??

The club is fucked for so many reasons, one of which is that we have no fans, and half the ones we do have think that if we don't sign Champions League players its s failure of the manager...
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:52 am

The kids did well, I'm not slating them. Technically they all seem pretty sound.

What I am slating is the senior players who quite frankly have been a disgrace all season, and if trying hard is how they get rated as having had a good game then that is why we are fucked.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:02 am

Now I agree with you there... Our senior players have been woeful with the exception of Keogh. The only reason I think Baker deserves some slack is because he at least tries to play the game in a positive way. It would be easy to play simple backwards and sideways passes all game, but he shows an impetus to move the ball forward. I do agree he needs to improve a lot particularly on his decision making, but if we are going to have any senior players left, I'd rather have one that is positively minded than one that sits back in the shadows doing nothing.
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:05 am

Fairy muff. The manager needs to take the brunt of the blame. Tactically embarrassing.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am

Roger Mellie wrote:The kids did well, I'm not slating them. Technically they all seem pretty sound.

What I am slating is the senior players who quite frankly have been a disgrace all season, and if trying hard is how they get rated as having had a good game then that is why we are fucked.

are you OK :shock:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Des » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 am

What was Thorn's intentions for yesterday?

Option 1: do a 'Chelsea' - park the bus and try and frustrate Saints. Put Platt up front and lump it up to him to relieve the pressure and hope McDonald can catch a break. Problems, we lost our best defender last week and had to use a kid for a centre-half. Positives, we might only have lost by one or two.

Options 2: use the cheeldren (save the world, etc). Put out as many kids as you can to show how weak your squad is and gain public sympathy. Problems, we get battered. Positives, lots of self-pity and lovely warm feeling.

Is that too harsh? Maybe, but I can't shake off the feeling that Thorn was more interested in making a point than winning a point.
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby the boss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:45 am

to be honest, the only thing I wanted to see yesterday was the end. The game just was in the way. Start again, build slowly but do it right, youngsters and home grown players. Stop trying to punch over our weight which has led us to this.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Baker isn't match fit, if you know anything about football that'd be obviarse, This happens when the squad is depleted, senior players playing when ordinarily they wouldn't be.
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby bolix » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 pm

the boss wrote:to be honest, the only thing I wanted to see yesterday was the end. The game just was in the way. Start again, build slowly but do it right, youngsters and home grown players. Stop trying to punch over our weight which has led us to this.

And if you, Boss, were Sisu who would you choose as manager to implement this prudent philosophy?
bolix
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby the boss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 pm

bolix wrote:
the boss wrote:to be honest, the only thing I wanted to see yesterday was the end. The game just was in the way. Start again, build slowly but do it right, youngsters and home grown players. Stop trying to punch over our weight which has led us to this.

And if you, Boss, were Sisu who would you choose as manager to implement this prudent philosophy?

to be honest I would leave Thorn for the time being.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 pm

bolix wrote:Baker isn't match fit, if you know anything about football that'd be obviarse, This happens when the squad is depleted, senior players playing when ordinarily they wouldn't be.

Bloody hell.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Des wrote:What was Thorn's intentions for yesterday?

Option 1: do a 'Chelsea' - park the bus and try and frustrate Saints. Put Platt up front and lump it up to him to relieve the pressure and hope McDonald can catch a break. Problems, we lost our best defender last week and had to use a kid for a centre-half. Positives, we might only have lost by one or two.

Options 2: use the cheeldren (save the world, etc). Put out as many kids as you can to show how weak your squad is and gain public sympathy. Problems, we get battered. Positives, lots of self-pity and lovely warm feeling.

Is that too harsh? Maybe, but I can't shake off the feeling that Thorn was more interested in making a point than winning a point.

Either option I think you are only talking about one player difference in the starting XI. In regards to Platt was it a case that he won't be here next season (is he out of contract this year??) so better get used to it now, but no one else left to fill the bench??
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dog rout 21 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 pm

the boss wrote:Start again, build slowly but do it right, youngsters and home grown players. Stop trying to punch over our weight which has led us to this.

:shock: I agree with you, bossman. I'm off for a lie down.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby the boss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:33 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:
the boss wrote:Start again, build slowly but do it right, youngsters and home grown players. Stop trying to punch over our weight which has led us to this.

and its about time you were right :lol: I said a few years back we should get a manager and stick with him for 4/5 no matter what, build slow with kids. Got shot down (again), some said what would we do if the manager looked like he was taking us down? Well guess what, sacking after sacking has taken us down 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:34 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:

Me too!
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby plastic scouser » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:08 pm

I cant be arsed to look for it, but i'm pretty damn sure you joined the chorus of calls for thorns head not so long back boss. . . . You old revisionist you.
Android [ Post made via Android ]
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Actually, it was simple to find....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9849&hilit=thorn+out

Boss....very short memory.....or just full of shit...you decide. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Watched the game in a pub in London with a few West Ham fans and nice to some other clubs fans more pissed off with CCFC than I was. Good we were poor - no real shape, no real desire, no height, no pace, no fuckin clue. Roll on next season cause whilst I expect us to be as poor at least the opposition will be a bit weaker.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby the boss » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

plastic scouser wrote:Actually, it was simple to find....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9849&hilit=thorn+out

Boss....very short memory.....or just full of shit...you decide. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

yes I did, then is then and now is now. We need to decide if we want to keep changing or to stick. I've been as guilty as anyone else but its got to change. How the fuck can a manager manage if he does not know if he will be there next week :roll:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

I backed City to win. McDonald, McSheffrey and Platt were all 16/1, while us to (Somehow) win 3-1 was as high as 150/1. It was never going to happen, but, for the sake of a few quid, I thought it was worth losing some of the money I recently made by betting on us to lose and Bristol City to win. Being in profit has never brought so little pleasure....
The Englander

Highscores: 7

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat