O'sullivan v White

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

O'sullivan v White

Postby adge » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Hope the whirlwind can beat this arrogant **** of a man. Don't bother trying for a 147 either Ronnie-it doesn't pay enough! :roll:
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Re: O'sullivan v White

Postby Timbo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 pm

The match finished a couple of hours ago!
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Realist » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I cannot believe anybody with even a semblance of intellect would wish to support Ronnie O'Knobbivan. He holds the fans of snooker in complete contempt. All this "peoples champion" bollocks is a myth as far as I'm concerned. Yes he's a great player, but he hasn't got anything like the public adoration Alex Higgins and Jimmy White had/have. He's too far up his own arse than is good for him, and I wish he'd actually quit the game instead of threatening it like he has done these last 10 years ad-nauseum. :roll:

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby skyblue » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:36 pm

I still enjoy watching him. When he is on song he makes the game look easy. He may be a prick, but many sporting greats are pricks. At least Ronnie is entertaining.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby Timbo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:30 pm

I agree that he's an arse but sometimes I think he acts the way he does thinking he's playing it cool but he comes across as a prat. When discussing why he wasn't going to pot the black he did crack a wry smile once or twice suggesting he wasn't really bothered about the prize money issue and he was just trying to be entertaining in his own dumb way. I think he is finds the game so easy and he's so far ahead of anyone else that he gets bored and has to muck about to entertain himself.
Timbo

Postby AD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

I think O'Sullivan does find it too easy at times, and practically everyone in the major tournaments are capable of getting centuries from practically nothing.

Maybe the colours should be reversed (ie. yellow on the black spot, green on the pink, blue,pink and black at the baulk end etc) to make massive breaks harder?

The players would thenhave the choice of keeping close control around the reds, potting lots of easy balls but scoring low breaks, or try to get a massive break but have the risk of having to travel up and down the table. As it is it's possible to get the highest scores playing the easier shots. Also long pots/shots to nothing would be rewarded more as if they manage the pot they'll have higher points available at the baulk end.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm

maybe they should just have to play in "standard" conditions....

ie: Lager stained baize, ciggy burned cushions & no chalk!
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

No chalk and really fat tips. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
Timbo

Postby Realist » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:25 pm

AD wrote:
Maybe the colours should be reversed (ie. yellow on the black spot, green on the pink, blue,pink and black at the baulk end etc) to make massive breaks harder?

The players would thenhave the choice of keeping close control around the reds, potting lots of easy balls but scoring low breaks, or try to get a massive break but have the risk of having to travel up and down the table. As it is it's possible to get the highest scores playing the easier shots. Also long pots/shots to nothing would be rewarded more as if they manage the pot they'll have higher points available at the baulk end.

That's not a bad shout to be honest. :idea:

plastic scouser wrote:
maybe they should just have to play in "standard" conditions....

ie: Lager stained baize, ciggy burned cushions & no chalk!

Timbo wrote:
No chalk and really fat tips. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Quality. It would definitely even things up a bit wouldn't it. :lol:
Realist

Postby AD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Why thank you Real [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Or play Werbenuik rules - have to drink a pint every frame. Last frame at the Crucible should be a right laugh :lol:
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm

AD wrote:
Why thank you Real [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Or play Werbenuik rules - have to drink a pint every frame. Last frame at the Crucible should be a right laugh :lol:

That's an even better idea. It would get the fans watching again that's for certain. :lol:
Realist

Postby ccfctommy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

I saw the 147 on the bbc website, it nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. He can be annoying with his 'i wanna quit snooker' depresive mantra, but he's a genius, thatb 147 was awesome and its better than watching Peter 'one shot every 4 minutes' Ebdon thats for sure.
ccfctommy
Manager
Manager

Postby Joe » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 pm

I quite like Snooker used to sit in the Talbot Club on Humber Road (that still there?) with my brother in law whilst he played/taught me how to play when I was a teenager.
Joe
Manager
Manager

Return to Other Sports