Superbowl XLIII

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Superbowl XLIII

Postby plastic_manc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 am

Don't understand the game.. but impressed by the 100 yard play.

Less impressed by all the stops in play.
plastic_manc
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 1

Re: Superbowl XLIII

Postby CoC » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:44 am

Great game, learn to understand it and you will like it - then go and watch the Jets much better than watching Cov and a lot cheaper as well.
CoC
Webmaster
Webmaster

Highscores: 1

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Lloydy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Unfortunately i have seen a shitload of it this year, and now actually rather like it. it still aint a proper sport, but now i understand it a bit more i can sort of appreciate the skill a bit more.

As for the Superbowl, great game, and an excellent ending. thought Arizona had knicked it as the guy who scored the touchdown had scored 3 in the conference championship, but the Steelers deserved the win. What really pisses me off is the after game analysis. Turned the tv on after work today and they were agressively debating wether or not the warner fumble was a fumble or an incomplete pass based on if his arm was going forward enough, wtf!! get over it, its just a game, it really doesn't matter that much.

Cant wait to get back and watch some real football.

(waiting for Dogga to call me a yank loving ****...)
RIP Jimmy 'the Rev' Sullivan
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:22 am

what about ''The Boss'' :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 am

the boss wrote:
what about ''The Boss'' :lol:

Thought he was pretty good and the right sort of act for the superbowl.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby slobbydan sillibic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Strange game, this yank football, I read recently about a all time "great", who went through his entire career which spanned many seasons, without ever touching the ball...? what did he do..? gesticulate, wave his arms in the air, shout encouragement and occasionally kiss the badge...? Possibly his sole purpose was to bludgeon the oppostion
i am wearing sensible feet
slobbydan sillibic
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 pm

The fat bastards at the front (except the one in the centre who throws it to the quarterback) will almost never touch the ball. It's their sole job to stop the opposition getting to the quarterback by pushing them back.

Did you know that they also have separate kickers to do field goals and punts some times as well? Probably on the pitch for about 30 seconds a game.

It's a lot easier to watch on TV than at a stadium - the breaks are really annoying and most of the time you've got no idea whose got hold of the football. Most Americans don't seem to pay that much attention to the pitch though so it doesn't matter - usually too busy buying food, talking on the phone or just generally wandering around. Same at baseball
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Most Americans don't seem to pay that much attention to the pitch though so it doesn't matter - usually too busy buying food, talking on the phone or just generally wandering around. Same at baseball

It's similar at cricket (especially test matches) but it's still a great day out!
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Sky Blue Steve-o wrote:

Most Americans don't seem to pay that much attention to the pitch though so it doesn't matter - usually too busy buying food, talking on the phone or just generally wandering around. Same at baseball

It's similar at cricket (especially test matches) but it's still a great day out!

That's the point I was making - it's seen as more of a day out than just going to watch a sports match.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:45 pm

The first American football game i went to was a day out. We got to the stadium 5 hours before kickoff, drank, had a bbq and threw a football around in the car park until kick off, watched the first half, couldn't follow what the fuck was going on, (but i did get on the big screen [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif] ) then spent the whole of he second half wondering around the stadium and eating. then drank for few more hours after the game until i fell asleep.

Found the baseball a lot easier to follow, and for all of the games i went to the crowd were much more into it and following everything that was going on. Going to a Baseball game is ten times better than an American football game.
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 am

Lloydy wrote:
The first American football game i went to was a day out. We got to the stadium 5 hours before kickoff, drank, had a bbq and threw a football around in the car park until kick off, watched the first half, couldn't follow what the fuck was going on, (but i did get on the big screen [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif] ) then spent the whole of he second half wondering around the stadium and eating. then drank for few more hours after the game until i fell asleep.

Found the baseball a lot easier to follow, and for all of the games i went to the crowd were much more into it and following everything that was going on. Going to a Baseball game is ten times better than an American football game.

I don't know if it was just because it was the first game of the season after they'd won the Superbowl but the atmosphere at the American Football was a bit better IMO. Baseball seems to last for ages but it did get pretty tense towards the end of a close game but if one side is walking it the fans just lose interest. Probably doesn't help they play 80-odd home games at baseball and only 8 US Football, so it's less of an event.

Baseball is a lot easier to follow because you can actually see what's going on.

Can you imagine 'tailgating' in the UK - bring your car and the barbie and take up 3 or 4 parking spaces to have a picnic before and after the game! Good fun though. Giants stadium car park is fucking massive - they're building the new stadium in the car park and still have at least twice as much parking space as The Ricoh!
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 pm

AD wrote:
Can you imagine 'tailgating' in the UK - bring your car and the barbie and take up 3 or 4 parking spaces to have a picnic before and after the game! Good fun though. Giants stadium car park is fucking massive - they're building the new stadium in the car park and still have at least twice as much parking space as The Ricoh!

my local lidl has twice as much parking as the ricoh
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby haggis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Tramp
-----------------------------------------------

Theres a man with a mullett going mad with a mallett in Milletts
haggis