Calzaghe vs Jones Jnr

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Calzaghe vs Jones Jnr

Postby skyblue » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm surprised nobody as started a thread about this before.

Calazaghe was simply awesome, he gave the Legend a total boxing masterclass(except for his now usual 1st world fuck up), with the American judges al scoring it 118-109 to Calzaghe.

He as now surely proven, even to Joe, that he is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

I was annoyed last night that they kept referring to Jones as a future all of famer, and Calzaghe only as a potential hall of famer. He's a 2 weight champion, as been world champion for 11 years, and as a 100% record.

Although I'd love to see one more Calzaghe fight I honestly don't think there is anything else for him to prove, so I hope he retires after this fight.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Re: Calzaghe vs Jones Jnr

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:17 pm

skyblue wrote:I'm surprised nobody as started a thread about this before.

Calazaghe was simply awesome, he gave the Legend a total boxing masterclass(except for his now usual 1st world fuck up), with the American judges al scoring it 118-109 to Calzaghe.

He as now surely proven, even to Joe, that he is one of the greatest boxers of all time.

I was annoyed last night that they kept referring to Jones as a future all of famer, and Calzaghe only as a potential hall of famer. He's a 2 weight champion, as been world champion for 11 years, and as a 100% record.

Although I'd love to see one more Calzaghe fight I honestly don't think there is anything else for him to prove, so I hope he retires after this fight.

You mean me? Never argues the fact that he is great.....

Interesting note - Calzaghe was paid £5 Million to fight Jones, Mick Hennessey has put £5 Million up for Calzaghe to fight Froch......Calzaghe has always said "If the money is there I will fight you" Well it's there Joe and he has matched what you had last night.......

We will see eh?
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby ccfctommy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:26 pm

He dont need to fight Carl Froch...
ccfctommy
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Hennessy has offered £5million that he doesn't have. He would need the backing of Sky to get anywhere near that sort of money - but even with Sky they still wouldn't be able to raise the money. This is nothing more than bravado from the Froch camp to make it look like he wants to mix it with Calzaghe.

Carl froch is a decent fighter, but he is in no way anywhere near Calzaghe's level. Instead of flapping his gums about fighting Calzaghe, maybe he should take on a Kessler or Lacey and prove himself ready to step up to Calzaghe's level.

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Kessler was set up to fight him and pulled out as did 3 or 4 others......

Froch has a world title fight next month, get your self down to the NIC.
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Regardless of money, at this stage in Calzaghe's career he as no reason to fight Froch. If he wins it would do nothing to enhance his reputation, but if he was to slip up and lose it would tarnish it. Calzaghe as had trouble motivating himself for anything other than the big fights for years, and Froch wouldn't be a big fight.

I honestly don't think there is any fight out there that would be beneficial for Calzaghe now.
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby TruthFinder » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Well done Joe.

Fights 46 - won 46. World Champion for 11 years. Undefeated. Yet he hasn't had a quarter of the headlines Fraudley Harrison and Amir Khan have had. :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
"To a human lemming, the logic behind an opinion doesn't count as much as the power and popularity behind it"
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:43 pm

TruthFinder wrote:Fights 46 - won 46. World Champion for 11 years. Undefeated. Yet he hasn't had a quarter of the headlines Fraudley Harrison and Amir Khan have had. :roll:

Possibly not in the publications you subscribe to.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Joe » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:29 am

TruthFinder wrote:Well done Joe.

Fights 46 - won 46. World Champion for 11 years. Undefeated. Yet he hasn't had a quarter of the headlines Fraudley Harrison and Amir Khan have had. :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)

Why thank you 8)

Oh........
Joe
Manager
Manager

Return to Other Sports