Khan knockout......

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Khan knockout......

Postby king chillout » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 am

Why do we insist on building up our boxers, only for them to crumble at the first decent opponent ?

wallop !
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Re: Khan knockout......

Postby TruthFinder » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 am

Heres my take on the match; ding-smack-stars-over. Fan-bloody-tastic. :lol:
Just like the last boxer to get the same hype Fraudley Harrison he has been exposed for what he is, over-rated and over-hyped. One thing you cannot train into a fighter is a good chin so for me Khans career is over. Don't forget the 14 second 10 count against Willie Limond. ;-)
Fair play Khan you have made a good few quid, use it wisely, open a few shops and stay well away from boxing because with that glass jaw you will get seriously hurt. If he continues with his career expect to see him take on 4 or 5 bums in quick succession and it be hyped up as "the wrath of Khan" or something, then the same thing will happen as soon as he comes up against another puncher.

BREAKING NEWS: Frank Warren has already got Khan his next projects lined up

advertising rustlers microwave burgers.........done in under 90 seconds. :lol:

a new sky advert Eddie the eagle, Jenson Button, Britains eurovision song entry, can Khan join this exclusive club? :lol:

Khan is getting a new jaw, Frank Warren is getting a quote from safestyle. :lol:

TruthFinder. 8)
"To a human lemming, the logic behind an opinion doesn't count as much as the power and popularity behind it"
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 pm

I said as much to my Mrs this morning, Khan's career is over.

What makes me laugh is that Khan signed a new deal with Sky, and Frank Warren has just about killed it. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Looking at the video again, the punch that started the rot was the jab after about 10 seconds, you can see Khans legs wobble and he just didn't recover. I don't think Khan or his team could have had any complaints if the ref had stopped the fight there and then, and I'd argue had the roles had been reversed the bout would have been stopped. You even hear Jim Watt saying the fight should have been stopped. Did the ref allow it to continue because it was Amir Khan and the fact it was his 1st fight on PPV having just signed a big money contract with Sky ?

The most important thing is Khan has come out of the fight with all his faculties intact, when you see the 2nd knockdown - the left hook, as he is falling backwards, Prescott throws a right that just missed his temple, if that had connected you could have been looking at possible brain damage or worse.

I'm not sure where Khan goes from here, his achilles heel is the fact his chin disengages his brain on contac. He reminds me a bit of Errol Christie, has the speed like Christie and also has the glass jaw. He is still young enough to comeback, but is he mentally strong enough to come back from such a brutal knockout ? We all saw what happened when Naseem got his arse handed to him on a plate by Barrera, but Nas was a few years older and edging towards the end of his career. After the 2004 olympics Khan was saying how he would stay as an amateur until after the 2008 olympics, but then the money men got into him and his family and persuaded him to turn pro instead... I wonder if they are now rueing that decision ?

For those who like a punt, Khan was 1.11 on betfair saturday afternoon, I layed it for £100, I don't care that I knew very little of this Prescott, anybody who has knocked out 17 of 19 opponents has to be taken seriously (I wonder if Breidis is related to John, you'd think so after watching those punches. :lol: ). A 1st round knockout by Prescott was 100/1 if you got on in time, but nearer the fight it fluctuated between 50/1 and 70/1. Unfortunately i didn't back that. I had a small double on Breidis @ 9/1 and Cook @ 5/2, paid £250, so all in all a happy nights punting for me. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:06 pm

Carl Froch. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Joe wrote:Carl Froch. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Who ? :lol:
Realist

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Good to see KC recognize Khan as "one of our boxers"
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Joe » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 am

Realist wrote:
Joe wrote:Carl Froch. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]

Who ? :lol:

He is the bestest don't you know ?
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:29 am

One of the funiest things i've seen. Glass jawed ****

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:22 pm

My cousin Widge got back from Cuba this week. Widge boxes down the Red Corner and loves the sport. While he was in Cuba he got chatting to a guy who is best mates with Mario Kindelan (the one who beat Amir Khan in the olympic final). Widge asked if he could meet Mario, so the lad set it up. Widge then spent a few days training and sparring with Kindelan, he visited his home where he lives with his nan. I will post the pics when I have downloaded them onto my facebook and myspace page. Kindelan told him he earns £5 a week. Widge offered to buy him a beer but Kindelan wouldn't take one, he eventually told him "I can't afford to buy you one back". Widge said he was a great bloke and really put himself out. He then revealed something to Widge which confirmed what I had long suspected about Khans career, when Khan beat Kindelan in the pro ranks, the Cuban government were given £1 million for him to lose the fight, Kindelan recieved a measly £100 out of it. I have said time after time Khan was being hand fed opponents to make him appear better than what he really is, and this news came as no surprise. Frank Warren dropped a major bollock by putting Khan in against Prescott and he got his ass whupped. I didn't have the greatest amount of respect for Khan before, because I knew his career was more hype than substance, I have even less now.
Realist

Postby TruthFinder » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm

The bbc were up to their usual tricks again saturday night. Amir Khan beats an Irish schoolteacher and it is reported on the news. Carl Froch wins the WBC super middle weight belt in a thrilling 12 round fight and gets ZERO coverage on BBC news. They'll wheel out a guy in a wheelchair for him next and tell us all it was the best fight ever seen! :roll:

And just in case you hadnt heard, Fraudley Harrison who the beeb wasted £1million of taxpayers money on buying the rights to his 1st 10 pro fights and promoted as the heavyweight hope for Britain, he lost saturday night to a Dublin taxi driver. The likes of Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton made their reputations the hard way, they werent promoted with over the top hype like Harrison and Khan. At least real boxing fans respect them for their hard work.

TruthFinder. 8)
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:32 pm

TruthFinder wrote:
The bbc were up to their usual tricks again saturday night. Amir Khan beats an Irish schoolteacher and it is reported on the news. Carl Froch wins the WBC super middle weight belt in a thrilling 12 round fight and gets ZERO coverage on BBC news. They'll wheel out a guy in a wheelchair for him next and tell us all it was the best fight ever seen! :roll:

And just in case you hadnt heard, Fraudley Harrison who the beeb wasted £1million of taxpayers money on buying the rights to his 1st 10 pro fights and promoted as the heavyweight hope for Britain, he lost saturday night to a Dublin taxi driver. The likes of Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton made their reputations the hard way, they werent promoted with over the top hype like Harrison and Khan. At least real boxing fans respect them for their hard work.

TruthFinder. 8)

You obviously didn't watch at the right time TF - there was plenty of coverage of Froch
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Timbo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 pm

I can't say I watched the BBC news over the weekend but on their sports website the headline billing was Froch, Pacquiao, Khan and then Harrison.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby SamSamMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 am

Amir Khan has a chin made of glass, he will never make it. But the De LA Hoya Pac-man fight was great, I knew De La Hoya was making a mistake dropping so much weight at his age and he just couldn't deal with Pacqious speed.

Hatton vs Pac man at Wembley maybe? I'll be there wherever it is unless a certain Floyd Mayweather decides to swoop in and challenge pacquiao, which is being rumoured already
SamSamMan
Manager
Manager

Return to Other Sports