Rebecca Adlington

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Rebecca Adlington

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Now that she's won 2 gold medals, will we see the same media frenzy and her victories shown incessantly on TV for the next month like they did with Kelly Holmes? And will she be made a Dame? Don't hold your breath. :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
"To a human lemming, the logic behind an opinion doesn't count as much as the power and popularity behind it"
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Re: Rebecca Adlington

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:04 pm

BBC news, main headlines are Christine Ohuruogu winning gold in the 400 metres. Chris Hoy has just become the 1st British olympian in a century to win 3 golds in one games, yet a suspected drugs cheat garners the main headlines. I cannot begin to think why? :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
Last edited by CoC on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: No need for the attempted racism.
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblueluke » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Because Chris Hoy has got the aids?

Porch Monkey for life

Miss it.........Steve Perry
skyblueluke
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Kelly Holmes was only the 3rd woman in history to win both the 800m and 1500m. She was the first British woman ever to win two gold medals.
This after overcoming clinical depression, and despite not being a professional athlete for much of her athletics career as she was committed to a career in the Army.

The athletics (and in particular track) events always take precedence over most other events - have you heard much about all of the sailing events we've been winning? What about the high jumper Gemaine Mason who won a medal today?
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:29 pm

Sky Blue Steve-o wrote:Kelly Holmes was only the 3rd woman in history to win both the 800m and 1500m. She was the first British woman ever to win two gold medals.
This after overcoming clinical depression, and despite not being a professional athlete for much of her athletics career as she was committed to a career in the Army.

Oh is that the reason why? thanks for that. :roll:

Sky Blue Steve-o wrote:The athletics (and in particular track) events always take precedence over most other events - have you heard much about all of the sailing events we've been winning? What about the high jumper Gemaine Mason who won a medal today?

Nope I haven't, then again - unless I'm mistaken - I would imagine the winners of the sailing events are probably white, though had they been black we would have heard a lot more about them. What you fail to see in your brainwashed state is that blacks have become a privileged caste within British society and their successes are always magnified as it is propaganda for the wonderful enrichment they bring us. :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Apparently Adlington is to be made an MBE.
As for the "under priveleged" white athletes, off the top of my head...

What about Sir Steve Redgrave? Sir Matthew Pinsent? James Cracknall OBE? Roger Black MBE? Lord Coe? Sally Gunnell OBE? Steve Cram MBE? Jonathan Edwards CBE? Brendan Foster CBE? David Moorcroft OBE MBE? Steve Ovett OBE? Dame Mary Peters? Paula Radcliffe MBE? Iwan Thomas MBE? Fatima Whitbread MBE?

Now let's do it for black athletes:

Dame Kelly Holmes, Linford Christie OBE, Colin Jackson CBE, John Regis MBE, Tessa Sanderson CBE, Daley Thompson CBE.

So yes, how biased towards black athletes. :roll:
You want to check your facts before you start making these statements. You're the one who's brainwashed if you're willing to believe things that can't be backed up.

And I'm surprised you haven't heard about the black high jumper Jemaine Mason who won an unexpected silver today, seeing as he is such a "priveleged cast". :roll:
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:54 pm

I'd rather have Rebecca Adlington made a Dame than them giving one to fucking Ellen MacArthur.

Any fucker could have gone round the world in a £5 million boat.... even Louthy.
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Sky Blue Steve-o wrote:Apparently Adlington is to be made an MBE.
As for the "under priveleged" white athletes, off the top of my head...

What about Sir Steve Redgrave? Sir Matthew Pinsent? James Cracknall OBE? Roger Black MBE? Lord Coe? Sally Gunnell OBE? Steve Cram MBE? Jonathan Edwards CBE? Brendan Foster CBE? David Moorcroft OBE MBE? Steve Ovett OBE? Dame Mary Peters? Paula Radcliffe MBE? Iwan Thomas MBE? Fatima Whitbread MBE?

Now let's do it for black athletes:

Dame Kelly Holmes, Linford Christie OBE, Colin Jackson CBE, John Regis MBE, Tessa Sanderson CBE, Daley Thompson CBE.

So yes, how biased towards black athletes. :roll:
You want to check your facts before you start making these statements. You're the one who's brainwashed if you're willing to believe things that can't be backed up.

And I'm surprised you haven't heard about the black high jumper Jemaine Mason who won an unexpected silver today, seeing as he is such a "priveleged cast". :roll:

I wonder why it is then that Ohuruogu was the MAIN headline on the bbc news tonight but Chris Hoy who made history by becoming the 1st Brit in a century to win 3 golds at one olympics is relegated to the back up story? Nothing to do with the favoured caste at all then? :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
Last edited by CoC on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 pm

You have serious issues TF
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Why, because I have the balls to question the media bias toward blacks in comparison to their white counterparts? Ohuruogu won a gold medal, fair play to her. Chris Hoy won 3 gold medals, the 1st Brit to do so in 100 years, but what do the bbc focus on? :roll: You are correct, I do have issues.

TruthFinder. 8)
Last edited by CoC on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 pm

To be honest the person I've heard most about today is that Goodison bloke.
I haven't seen or heard any interviews with Ohuorogu or Hoy as yet.
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Surely the crux of your entire argument you've already stated?
TruthFinder wrote:But a suspected drugs cheat garners the main headlines. I cannot begin to think why? :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Sky Blue Steve-o wrote:To be honest the person I've heard most about today is that Goodison bloke.
I haven't seen or heard any interviews with Ohuorogu or Hoy as yet.

Lets wait and see who the papers focus on tomorrow then shall we? :roll:

TruthFinder. 8)
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby TruthFinder » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 pm

I just clicked on http://www.skysports.com/ and guess who the main headline and picture is?

Same with the bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

Maybe I got it wrong and they are highlighting Ohuruogu because she is such a good looking woman? :lol:

TruthFinder. 8)
Last edited by CoC on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
TruthFinder
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Hoy was the main headline before Ohuruogu won. The fact her win came after his is one of the reasons its the current main headline but the other is the simple fact that athletics is without doubt the centrepiece of the Olympics. Athletics acheivements like it or not are always given more publicity. Colour has fuck all to do with it.

At some points on Saturday the 100m was the main story even though we had no one in the final and we'd won four golds ealier in the day.
Timbo

Postby plastic_manc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:58 pm

I know very little about the Olympics... but I do know Hoy was expected to medal in his events, Onowogoo (cant be bothered to check spelling) wasn't.
plastic_manc
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 1

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 pm

plastic_manc wrote:I know very little about the Olympics... but I do know Hoy was expected to medal in his events, Onowogoo (cant be bothered to check spelling) wasn't.

Ohurogu - the other spelling is TF's pathetic attempt at racist humour
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby plastic_manc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Sky Blue Strawberry wrote:
plastic_manc wrote:I know very little about the Olympics... but I do know Hoy was expected to medal in his events, Onowogoo (cant be bothered to check spelling) wasn't.

Ohurogu - the other spelling is TF's pathetic attempt at racist humour

Ohurogu, ok.

Well i to me, her win was unexpected, Hoy's wasn't and therefore media coverage is jusifiably in her favour
plastic_manc
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 1

Postby Timbo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

The cycling is also suffering from being too predictable. I'm a big cycling fan but because GB are in a class of their own in the velodrome the excitement has been lacking. There has been plenty to admire but very little has got me on the edge of my seat.
Timbo

Postby bolix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 pm

So there you have it.....umpteen reasons why TF has deliberately chosen to get hold of the wrong end of the stick and then beat himself up with it,...... repeatedly. Bit sad really.
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Other Sports