FAO Fellow Golfers

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Re: FAO Fellow Golfers

Postby the boss » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm

bolix wrote:

By the way as you're a no show you're our sponsor.
Thats: balls, tees, etc., breakfast, drinks, lunch, more drinks, trophy, nearest the pin, longest drive, twos, holes in one, dinner and more drinks.

balls :shock: That would be expensive :lol:

breakfast, drinks, lunch, more drinks. :shock: a coke and burger then ;-)

nearest the pin :lol: long way to measure from the tee box :lol:

longest drive :shock: I'd pay by the foot :lol:

holes in one hundred ;-)
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:02 am

Its now becoming highly unlikel that i'll be able to play a round when i get back in August :(

You all owe me a round when i get back next year mind.
RIP Jimmy 'the Rev' Sullivan
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Des » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 pm

--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Postby bolix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Largely I agree. Of course they play the environmental and preservation cards for all their worth when they're looking for planning permission.....but once in they're largely moronic, ignorant philistines who only care about the bottom line.
Donald Trump is a case in point.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 106593.ece
Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 am

Among the examples given is Rudding Park, near Harrogate. The park and gardens were created in 1788, when Lord Loughborough commissioned Humphry Repton to improve the grounds around his house.

Sounds pretty boring to me

It is now covered by an 18 hole course, a floodlit driving range, practice holes, holiday homes and camping pitches. A 19th-century walled garden was destroyed to make way for chalets.

Much more like it, sounds like a massive improvement [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif] I see absolutely nothing wrong here
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Lloydy you philistine...am thinking of buying a new driver.....what would you recommend? Fucking hate these things that look like crash hats for spacemen......but they're all the same...what's the deal??
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby Des » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

This is why I never trust people who play golf.

http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/ ... ikely.html
Des

Postby Cov_Lee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 pm

bolix wrote:Lloydy you philistine...am thinking of buying a new driver.....what would you recommend? Fucking hate these things that look like crash hats for spacemen......but they're all the same...what's the deal??

My big bertha came today. Can't wait to put it through its paces at the range tonight. I would give you a review but I'm not exactly the greatest golfer so I doubt it would count for much as I reckon I'll need a good few weeks before I can hit the bloody thing.
Cov_Lee
First Team
First Team

Highscores: 1

Postby Lloydy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Bolix, good timing mate, as i've just bought a new driver.

I had the chance to try about 6 drivers from the pro shop, i strongly advise doing the same. My bad drives normally leak to the right, so tried the square drivers as i've heard they are very straight clubs. For me they weren't at all. The Nike sounds ridiculous and actually made my fade into a slice. The Callaway fti was slightly better, again the sound is a bit strange, but i couldn't get over looking at a square driver. As the members at my club in the US are all rich fuckers, they have the most expensive equipment, including new square drivers, and they aren't the solution if you ask me, rom seing a lot of shots hit with them.
All of the good players here (and we have a few) use taylormade and titleist drivers. For me the titleist just felt 'wrong', cant put my finger on why, but i didn't like it. Every taylormade that i hit was very good. I tried the new tour burner, last years burner, the r7, r7 draw and burner draw. I hit every taylomade pretty well, the draw drivers were both very evenly matched. but i will say just because it says draw on the club your shots will not all go with a draw shape. I settled for the burner draw basically as i could set up easiest with the club head shape and design on the roof of the club. I will say my light fade has become a lot straighter, but it i still flexible enough to produce a fade when required. I now feel very confident on the tee with the driver in hand. Since buying it i've played 4 full rounds. the first round i struggled as i had only used a borrowed cleveland hi-bore driver which i hated with a passion, so i needed to get used to the taylormade. but for the next three rounds i only missed 4 fairways combined.

Seriously, do not buy a driver without trying a good few clubs, you will not regret it.

PS. if you dont wanna spend a lot of money, try the hippo drivers. i know they're not cool and will probably get you laughed at on the first tee, but they go a fucking long way and out perform some very expensive clubs. I missed my hippo xxl a lot when i first came out here. and it only cost me £60 last year for it. for that price you cant go wrong.
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 am

Cheers Lloydy (and Cov Lee) will do as you suggest....there's a local golf centre where they let you try everything.
Played last week with some shite golfer and he's just got the taylor made - "burner" and his driving's suddenly improved immensely - hits it miles :shock: .
My drivers six years old and the pro ses that the shafts go after two to three years!!!..... :evil:
I'd like to get a three wood too as thats what I mostly use off the tee.
Playing in Ireland end of august in a comp and I want something that keeps it low(ish).
The modern drivers all seem to send everything sky high and that's useless on links......
I'll let you know.....
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby Cov_Lee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:38 am

For the record I was nailing the bertha long and (mostly) straight last night so it must be pretty forgiving for relative newcomers such as myself - and for £75 off ebay I'm well chuffed.
Cov_Lee
First Team
First Team

Postby skyblueluke » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:05 pm

If you want some good advise about golf clubs go to american golf and speak to the lad who looks like tin-tin.

Porch Monkey for life

Miss it.........Steve Perry
skyblueluke
Manager
Manager

Postby Des » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Cov_Lee wrote:For the record I was nailing the bertha long and (mostly) straight last night so it must be pretty forgiving for relative newcomers such as myself - and for £75 off ebay I'm well chuffed.

[smilie=icon_blink.gif] You really shouldn't talk about your girlfriend, Bertha, like that, it's disrespectful.
Des

Postby Cov_Lee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 am

Des wrote:
Cov_Lee wrote:For the record I was nailing the bertha long and (mostly) straight last night so it must be pretty forgiving for relative newcomers such as myself - and for £75 off ebay I'm well chuffed.

[smilie=icon_blink.gif] You really shouldn't talk about your girlfriend, Bertha, like that, it's disrespectful.

No way I'd have paid £75 for my missus. ;-)
Cov_Lee
First Team
First Team

Postby bolix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Lloydy wrote: The Callaway fti was slightly better, again the sound is a bit strange, but i couldn't get over looking at a square driver.

Lloydy, that's what I've gone for and matching 3 wood (15 deg.)
It does look a bit weird but - and for me this is crucial- it does look as though it'll get the job done. Playing in a comp on Sunday and I'll see how it behaves.....
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby Lloydy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Hope it goes wel for ya, what other drivers did you try?
Lloydy
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Cheers Lloydy....I think I tried about four others.....Taylor Made, Cobra, maybe a Yonex.....? The Callaway I've got is the 'draw' and it just felt good......and doesn't look too ridiculous...Its also forgiving though it hits it a bit high for my liking. The three wood has a regular shaft which is a change from stiff.....This club definitely puts a lot of draw spin that I'll have to get used to....There was also a 13 degree available which I quite liked but in the end went for the 15 which should be ok off the fairway. Medal on Sunday.
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 am

bolix wrote:
I think we need to agree a date.
How about Tuesday 22nd July?
:

have you hackers finished yet :lol:
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby bolix » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Basically that Mellie bloke bit like yourself.....all gob and no action.
bolix
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:46 pm

I'm available whenever you **** are allowed out without your handlers.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports