2nd Test

Will England win a game of anything?
Will Tiger Tim win Wimbledon?

Previous topicNext topic

Postby Davy Godiva » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 pm

Flintstone needs to shoulder some blame for that shit, after lunch on the fourth day he persisted with Harmy and Giles when he should have brought on Hoggy, when he did get round to tossing him the cherry he finished the convict bastards off..... :evil:
Also Giles dropping Ponting on 35 was a fucking massive turning point..... [smilie=icon_bash.gif]
Davy Godiva
Boot Scrubber
Boot Scrubber

Postby Timbo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:21 am

Plus Flintoff should take some responsibility for the team selection... indeed it seems Fletcher wanted to pick Panesar for the last test but was over-ruled.

Perhaps we would have been better off with Strauss as captain. The captaincy seemed to improve his batting when he skippered against Pakistan whereas Flintoffs batting performances have been indifferent when he's also been captain.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Think you might have hit the nail on the head there Timbo. I was surprised to see that Fletcher consulted the "senior" players - Strauss fair enough - but Jones, whose own place is under jeopardy and Collingwood who wouldnt be playing probably if Trescothick had stayed seem odd choices to me
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Bussts_shin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:51 pm

i aint watched a bit of the ashes! watched last years but theres no point watching highlights when you already know that england have done shite!
Bussts_shin
Boot Scrubber
Boot Scrubber

Previous

Return to Other Sports