Cardiff

Need a lift to a game?
Check here if there is a coach running.

Previous topicNext topic

Cardiff

Postby Joe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:06 am

Went last year but went to the game then fucked of home.

This year however we going again and looking to make a weekend of it, anyone know if Cardiff is any good for a night out ? Cheap hotels ?

Checked train times etc £56 return [smilie=icon_neutral.gif] And its a fucking 4 and a half hour journey [smilie=icon_neutral.gif]
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am

Plenty of cheap B&Bs in road next to millenium stadium and are approx £15-20 per night. There is a travelodge in the centre between Walkabout and Weatherspoons think Jay has stayed there recently. Couple of other Hotels do cheap weekend room deals but think Travelodge is the cheapest.

Whatever you do dont stay in Newport and go out there. Its rough as hell with all the valley idiots that are now banned from Cardiffs clubs and bars causing grief there now.

Night wise its a pretty good city for a night out, all your standard city centre bars as well as a few decent clubs. Would recomend a if you go that you spend the night in the Brewery quarter, good pubs and bars and a night club and right next door to chip shop alley.

You shouldnt get any grief (unless you go looking for it eh Haggis) but about once a year I get some idiot giving me grief about being English etc. Doesnt happen as often now thou mate with all the students there is more English than Welsh out most weekends.

Really depends what you are after mate. If you need info on anything give us a shout and will ask around.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby SkyBlueNiall » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Cardiff is a good night out, I have been there on many rugby weekends and have always enjoyed good craic. There's plenty going on there. We stayed in a B+B on Cathedral road which is walking distance to the arms park and prob not too far away from ninian. A big group of us are going for Aus v Wales in the rugby world cup, we have hired a house for the weekend and it will be carnage.

In summary, one of the better places for a weekend away.
Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get - Homer Simpson.
SkyBlueNiall
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Joe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:06 pm

Cheers fellas.

Always had the impression Cardiff would be rough of a night due to the football teams reputation, dock workers etc.
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Not at all mate.

Like anywhere if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time then shit happens but overall its an easy going night out. Plenty of choice of bars and really depends what you are after. Clubs can get a bit iffy and again depends on which ones you go to (been a while since I have been in most of them thou to be fair).

Generally as long as you dont act the twat you will have a good night. The footie fans will cause grief just before and just after games but only generally in and around the ground. Sometimes a bit of hassle around the train station but generally city centre pubs are great.

If you are staying over for two nights then well worth going down the bay (was the docks) now all done up with posh bars, pubs and resturants etc. If its a nice hot day/evening then nothing better than a beer or two outside one of the bars on the waterfront watching the world go by. Can be some very entertaining females sights on a Friday or Saturday night down there (or so I have been told!).

I am sure Haggis, Deej etc will be down so we can meet up for a beer.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:47 pm

billythefish wrote:
Generally as long as you dont act the twat you will have a good night.

[hmmm.gif]
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 pm

the one time i went to cardiff for a night out not for football i spent the saturday night down a street with loads of bars etc queen marys street? ended up in a strip club which got a bit hairy (no pun intended) and then the next night got threatened with a pool cue by some big welsh **** in a bar - needless to say i only went back for football after [smilie=icon_lol.gif]
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Banksie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:26 am

It's no worse than Cov, surely?
You people don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!
Banksie
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:28 am

Banksie wrote:It's no worse than Cov, surely?

cov isnt full of the welsh tho
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Banksie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:44 am

Yeah but it's full of Coventry folk!
Banksie
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:13 pm

Exiled to Hertfordshire. I'll be back.

Can't be that bad, can it Banksie? [smilie=icon_wink.gif]
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Banksie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Sid, are you in fact my personal nemesis, finding holes in every statement I make?!

(I am in fact not from Coventry, I was born in Weston-SUPER-Mare to Brummie parents and grew up in Rugby, so any comments I do make about Coventry are from a purely outsiders perspective)
Banksie
Manager
Manager

Postby Joe » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Banksie wrote:Sid, are you in fact my personal nemesis, finding holes in every statement I make?!

(I am in fact not from Coventry, I was born in Weston-SUPER-Mare to Brummie parents and grew up in Rugby, so any comments I do make about Coventry are from a purely outsiders perspective)

Are you in that special club then too ? Boring isn't it [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Banksie wrote:Sid, are you in fact my personal nemesis, finding holes in every statement I make?!

No Banksie - he's just bored! :grin:
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby The Englander » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:28 pm

Joe wrote:

Are you in that special club then too ? Boring isn't it [smilie=icon_rolleyes.gif]

I'm not your nemesis, BALDY, I just want to make sure you don't forget me while the football season is taking a break. [smilie=icon_wink.gif]

Coming from somebody that thinks the [ you ] feature is still funny, and still refers back to the Cardiff-Reading result every so often, you would be a fine one to talk about boring Joe.... [smilie=icon_neutral.gif]
The Englander

Postby Joe » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:00 pm

The Englander wrote:
Joe wrote:

I'm not your nemesis, BALDY, I just want to make sure you don't forget me while the football season is taking a break. [smilie=icon_wink.gif]

Coming from somebody that thinks the [ you ] feature is still funny, and still refers back to the Cardiff-Reading result every so often, you would be a fine one to talk about boring Joe.... [smilie=icon_neutral.gif]

Cardiff & Reading ? That be SBS fault.

The [ you ] feature ? When did I last use that **** ? Think the last person to use it was mr head honcho himself CoC.....
Joe
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Where did I say you used said feature? If you're going to pick fault with me, at least have the decency to get you facts right, Mr. Lizzie Duke Bling! Bling! Gangsta! Braaaap! Braaaap! Hooligan....
The Englander

Postby CoC » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:12 am

I never used it, CommonCrawl [Bot] did.
CoC
Webmaster
Webmaster

Highscores: 1

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:32 am

There was not wrong with that Cardiff/ Reading game........ :oops:
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Des » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:16 pm

Sky Blue Strawberry wrote:There was not wrong with that Cardiff/ Reading game........ :oops:

WTF? Lay off the vino, SBS. [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
--
"I'm curvy, it's just the way I yam"
Des

Next

Return to Untrust Travel