A Marvel film no one saw coming......

Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Previous topicNext topic

Postby king chillout » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 pm

The Guardians of the Galaxy.....yes.....who the fuck are they ????

A space based team book that has never really set the world alight and a few years ago returned from publishing limbo with an almost completely new set of team members......and still never set the world alight.

But this news has got comic-geeks like me interested for a few special reasons.

1) One of the popular members of the team is a raccoon with a jet pack.

2) Another member of the team is a dog used in an old russian space flight who was rescued and now speaks with a russian accent.

3) and one is a pot plant called Groot who basically doesn't do anything.

Due for release in 2014 it's widely rumoured this film could set up Thanos as a major villain so he can return for Avengers 2.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Re: A Marvel film no one saw coming......

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Sad ****
Android [ Post made via Android ]
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:57 am

Just what we need another shite film
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby king chillout » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Some concept art for the movie has just been released, sadly it looks like there will be no russian space dog....but to be fair, I just want to see a raccoon in a jet pack anyway.

king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 am

What's the word on Ice Age 4 then KC?

my little girl loves the other ones - animated animals & stuff - but as you're in the know on this stuff I wondered if its worth taking her to see this new one.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:52 pm

There is far too much factual basis in ice age for KC to be interested in it.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Burf wrote:What's the word on Ice Age 4 then KC?

my little girl loves the other ones - animated animals & stuff - but as you're in the know on this stuff I wondered if its worth taking her to see this new one.

I've seen some bad reviews so far, but all the other previous Ice Age sequels got bad reviews as well and it didn't stop kids liking them.

I usually end up seeing them on air planes or when I'm round my brothers house and his kids are watching Sky movies. I've liked every one I've seen.

I finally watched Megamind a few months ago and loved it. Despicable Me is on my list to watch. It's supposed to be good.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Do you watch all the kiddie films KC or just the ones with strong homo-erotic sub texts like the marvel ones with men in tight costumes?
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Burf wrote:Do you watch all the kiddie films KC or just the ones with strong homo-erotic sub texts like the marvel ones with men in tight costumes?

Not all kids stuff, just mainly super -hero Marvel/DC stuff and mainly animation. Some has been great like Batman Animated and the current Avengers series.... and some, like the new Spider-man cartoon are absolute garbage.
Kids animation is always better when it's made by people who know that adults will be watching it. Spongebob is a great example.

I've loved cartoons, sci-fi and super-heroes ever since I can remember. I've always wanted to read/watch stories that could never happen in real life rather than stories that are based in reality.

You do realise that the whole homo-erotic men in tights thing was the invention of Fredric Wertham in the 1954 book Seduction of the Innocent ? Until then it had never been mentioned or thought of.
His main gripe was with the crime/horror comics that were popular at the time and to be fair, they were pretty gory. They were aimed at adults though, so to get his point through he did a "what about the children !!!!" and roped in harmless super-hero books to get his book more attention..........it worked..... and the comics code authority was born.

The bizarre thing is, it only affected the crime/horror comics and super-hero books just carried on largely as before.
The comics code is now a thing of the past and the age of the average comic reader climbs steadily upwards. I think it's at 25 now ? I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that. The main reason....how many kids can afford £3.50 per book ?
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm

king chillout wrote:[. The main reason....how many kids can afford £3.50 per book ?

are there really people that poor :shock:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:20 pm

the boss wrote:
king chillout wrote:[. The main reason....how many kids can afford £3.50 per book ?

Think they mainly live in bedsits in Spon End mate 8)
billythefish

Postby The Yid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

the boss wrote:

Apparently it's not the fault of the Coalition Government, but actually the fault of a company called SISU...
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 pm

billythefish wrote:
the boss wrote:

Think they mainly live in bedsits in Spon End mate 8)

poor bastards 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby king chillout » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 pm

the boss wrote:

In the early eighties when I first started buying American comics they were 40p each and Marvel and DC published about twelve or so titles each. You could buy them all quite easily and keep up with company wide continuity from most local newsagents.

These days there is no newsagent distribution, DC and Marvel publish up to fifty comics plus each per month ( and there are now big independent publishers like Image and Dark Horse) You are looking at £2.99 as the cheapest DC or Marvel book with most being £3.50 and some being more and the scamming bastards now give you less story pages for your buck than ever before.

Marvel are doing a Avengers V X-Men crossover story at the moment that ties into all other titles and has it's own stand-alone titles as well. Only a well off adult could afford to spend hundreds of pounds a month keeping up with all that. I'm not one of them.

I've given up buying monthly comics. I never thought I would, but downloading and buying the collected graphic novels works out much cheaper.

Marvel are now owned by Disney and DC are part of Warner Brothers. They aren't small companies any more and making big money is now the name of the game.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger Mellie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Yet another sad ****, socially inept comic book fan has gone on the rampage again. Such a strange group of society. Completely unable to live in the civilised world.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Nice segue Rog. Nicely done. ;-)
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby Realist » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 am

Isolated incident? :lol:

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Postby king chillout » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 am

Roger Mellie wrote:Yet another sad ****, socially inept comic book fan has gone on the rampage again. Such a strange group of society. Completely unable to live in the civilised world.

He was yet another University graduate who despite years of education decided violence was the way to go.
We have a lot of those in Britain as well. But they usually try and bullshit us into believing they are against violence !

I'd ban Universities. They seem to churn out nasty fuckers by the ton.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 am

Education for the emotionally unstable can be bad because you cannot help but see the ingrained social inequalities throughout society. People of an angry disposition may then go to extremes.

But really education just gives these people a target. They are ALREADY deranged. Comics are good escapism for most people, but for a very small minority they feed the psychosis.

So basically, if you are a nutter you shouldn't get comics or education. They should make you tick a box on a form saying you are mentally stable before they let you have either. That would fix it, right enough.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby king chillout » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 pm

skyblue wrote:Education for the emotionally unstable can be bad because you cannot help but see the ingrained social inequalities throughout society. People of an angry disposition may then go to extremes.

But really education just gives these people a target. They are ALREADY deranged. Comics are good escapism for most people, but for a very small minority they feed the psychosis.

So basically, if you are a nutter you shouldn't get comics or education. They should make you tick a box on a form saying you are mentally stable before they let you have either. That would fix it, right enough.

I'll tell you who need locking up.....all those dozy university educated journalists and media commentators who keep telling us that James Holmes dyed his hair orange to look like The Joker.

The Joker has always been pictured as having green hair.

king chillout
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Games/Music/Film