The Transfer rumours thread

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Postby Louthy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:14 pm

500_channels wrote:He's LIKELY to sign later in the week when he comes back from Honeymoon, incidently Adams is also on 'honeymoon' at the moment and Heath and Cork took training today - Shouldn't the manager be there for first day back...?

Apparently they are back a week earlier that then anticipated, so some of the lads are still away on holiday, whilst the others are there training. Personally, I don't think Adams will need to be there for the first week of training anyway, as all they'll be doing is sweating out all the beer they've drunk this summer...
Louthy
Manager
Manager

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Ward and the Dane were with Prem clubs who were still playing 2 weeks after we knocked off. Thats why they are still on holiday
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby Woody » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Some Jock paper seem to think the Cameron deal is done; http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/sport/6027144.html
Woody
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:18 am

Not sure how much truth there is in it but a usually reliable source from the club tells me that if the Fulop deal doesn't get moving by middle of next week then Adams is lokoing at bringing Scott Carson in on a year long loan.
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Roger Mellie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:46 am

That'd be a good shout, but i can't see it happening. He's number two at Liverpool and Dudeks on the transfer list.

Good work Marlon.

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up.
Roger Mellie
Manager
Manager

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:28 am

Sky Blue Strawberry wrote:Not sure how much truth there is in it but a usually reliable source from the club tells me that if the Fulop deal doesn't get moving by middle of next week then Adams is lokoing at bringing Scott Carson in on a year long loan.

Was just thinking that myself last night - Would be a good call, Still think Rafa would get someone else in above him if Dudek departs..
Anonymous

Postby The Englander » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:53 pm

Quite a few clubs seem to be after Carson, so I think he could either be sold or at least let out on loan for a year.

One time target Kuqi has been released by Birmingham. I seem to remember a fair few people saying he had far more potential than his brother.
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:03 pm

I thought that Cardiff had already secured Carsons services for the season
Nick
Manager
Manager

Postby Timbo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:04 pm

If Carson was to be loaned out again it will probably be to a Premiership club.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby Bussts_shin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:03 pm

Carson would be great for a year, but we need someone long term. if thats the case we should of kept hold of tuffey to see how he progressed through the year, he might have come good by 07/08 season
Bussts_shin
Boot Scrubber
Boot Scrubber

Postby Sky Blue Strawberry » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:16 pm

Not trying to add more gossip to this thread but......................... have heard we are looking at bring Solskaer (sp?) in on loan untill end of December with view to a season long loan if he stays fit.
Sky Blue Strawberry

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:15 pm

Is there any update on the jeffers situation?

Surely if he had agreed to join blackburn he would have joined already wanting to take the offer while he still has th chance? He has had the 24 hours he asked for, i reckon he will have a new club by tomorrow.
Anonymous

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Is there any update on the jeffers situation?

Surely if he had agreed to join blackburn he would have joined already wanting to take the offer while he still has th chance? He has had the 24 hours he asked for, i reckon he will have a new club by tomorrow.

Nothing official would be announced over a weekend.

One way or the other tomorrow he should be unveiled here or Blackburn.
Woody
Manager
Manager

Postby Turtle » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:32 pm

He's gone to Blackburn.
Gulp!
Turtle
Boot Scrubber
Boot Scrubber

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:47 pm

I have it on good authority Shefki Kuqi will sign this week for 1 Million as Blackburn are going to sign Mido and Jeffers plus another striker the deal has been done and terms agreed it is just being held up while Blackburn wait to bring these people in we failed in bids for Horsefield and Hulse and also failed to land Hartson mainly due to his excessive wage demands!

Nick
Manager
Manager

Postby Woody » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:58 pm

I have it on good authority Shefki Kuqi will sign this week for 1 Million as Blackburn are going to sign Mido and Jeffers plus another striker the deal has been done and terms agreed it is just being held up while Blackburn wait to bring these people in we failed in bids for Horsefield and Hulse and also failed to land Hartson mainly due to his excessive wage demands!

May I be the first to say;

ImageImageImage
Woody
Manager
Manager

Postby Sky Blue Steve-o » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:25 pm

It says in the CET that we are after Kuqi. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else bigger and better than us goes in for him. Would be a decent signing if we pulled it off. Blackburn have signed Jason Roberts from Wigan now so hopefully Kuqi will be surplus to requirements.
Sky Blue Steve-o
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:28 pm

[smilie=icon_lol.gif] [smilie=icon_lol.gif] the CET are amazing, copying any rumour they read on GMK, anyone fancy making one up to see if we can get it printed?? [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 500_channels » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Where in the CET does it say that?
500_channels
Manager
Manager

Postby Louthy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:23 am

500_channels wrote:Where in the CET does it say that?

Back page, yellow box, last paragraph.
Louthy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to CCFC Chat