Carl Baker...yea or nae ?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Carl Baker...yea or nae ?

Postby king chillout » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am

It's a big yea from me. I thought he was great when he was here before and was pissed off when he was sold.

I have to admit I struggle to understand why some fans are against it? He had a good season last year playing for a club in similar circumstances to our own.
king chillout
Manager
Manager

Re: Carl Baker...yea or nae ?

Postby AD » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 pm

I was a fan of his first time round but right now I'm not sure where he'd fit in - we've actually got quite a substantial squad IMO and I wonder where he'll fit in. Had he signed same time as Doyle I've had said a big yes but now with Andreu and Vicente in the building on multi-year contracts is he necessary? I think he's a decent footballer for this level and a good pro for the younger players to learn from but he's in the twilight of his career. If he signs I won't be at all disappointed though.

My only pre-season concern I had was even though we've got plenty of strikers I wasn't sure of their ability to get lots of goals - I'm hopeful McNulty will find his feet and become more prolific but Beavon was going to be the 'worker' rather than the main goal threat and Biamou was brought in IMO as a bit of a panic as the 'big option' and so far doesn't suggest he'll be that effective. I'd have preferred to wait a bit longer and see if a better option became available, but TM did that last season and we saw what happened.... I think KT will be back in the squad soon even though MR doesn't seem to favour him that much (unless he gets injured yet again) and I reckon we'll see Ponti more from around Xmas.

I still think the squad we've got for this level is more than capable of achieving promotion and if it fails to do so either those playing will have committed the ultimate footballing sin of just not trying hard enough or that MR hasn't found the tactics to utilise them correctly.
AD
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat