Well that one was out of the blue

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Well that one was out of the blue

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Romaine Vincelot from Leyton Orient on a 2 year deal for a fee! Who would have thunked it
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Re: Well that one was out of the blue

Postby the boss » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 pm

from a Leyton orient forum

Re: Romain Vincelot Signs For Coventry City

PostPosted by Pie & Mash » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 pm

GoochDogHighFives wrote:

ChingfordRed wrote:
Ian Hendon - “Romain made it clear to me that he didn’t want to play at the club and in League Two".

“On that basis I have reluctantly agreed to let him go to Coventry for an undisclosed fee".

“I didn’t want to lose him, but I want players here that wholeheartedly want to play for the club and help us get back to League One as soon as possible.”
He said last month that he was going no where> Wonder what changed his mind?

The lure of living in Coventry :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Seems a bit odd, especially given there was a fee involved, as we seem to have plenty of defence-minded, non-goal scoring midfielders.

Admittedly I've been underwhelmed by many of them. C Thomas and Finch have a long way to go to convince me they add a great deal to the team. It also pushes Lawton, a similar style of player, down the order again, though I doubt he's ready right now and Mowbray will be looking how he reacts to the competition and look to include him more later on in the season to see how he fairs, possibly with the intention of taking over from Vincelot next year?

It'll be interesting to see how this affects the formation, as if he intends to keep Fleck that's the two central midfield taken up. I guess JOB will be pushed out wide, and maybe Maddison will be playing just behind a main striker.

But it seems we're at least getting a committed, hard working player so hopefully he'll be another who can bring a bit more out of those around him purely by example.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Fair to say that if we are paying a fee then you would expect him to be an integral part of the side.

Think we can say that Ricketts, Reda, O'Brien, Vincelot, Fleck will form part of the side next year.

Possibly add in Martin, Stokes, Maddison and Burge unless we get a loanee GK in.

All depends on the formation but with maybe something like (based on 4-4-1-1)

Burge
Ricketts, Reda, Martin, Stokes
O'Brien, Fleck, Vincelot TBC
Maddison or Tudgay
TBC

Just shows how much our season could rest on getting in someone to score the goals needed. Looks a solid side but where will the goals come from?
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:12 am

I think Ricketts and Reda will be the CB pairing, with Martin as back-up (though he'll probably still end up playing quite a few games due to injuries). RB could be either Phillips or Willis at the moment. Of the two I'd go Phillips - I still see Willis as more of a centre back as he gets older.

Although I expect a LM to be brought in, I think we could do worse than play Haynes there in front of Stokes. Both interchangeable and can get forward - they could cause a great deal of problems for other teams together.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:23 am

Not so sure about Ricketts at CB - you may be right but I thought he was a full back that could play either side and had been played as a CB normally as one of 3 CBs. With the squad we have and plenty of attacking FBs then maybe 5 at the back is an option.

Either way Reda will injured every other week anyway so all academic anyway [smilie=icon_mrhappy.gif]
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby AD » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:40 pm

So how would everyone line-up for the start of the season?

I'm currently stuck between two line-ups. One i'd be more inclined to use at home, the other away.

HOME

Burge
Phillips Ricketts Johnson Stokes
O'Brien Vincelot Fleck
Maddison Lamerias
Tudgay

Maddison and Lamerias sound like they can cause problems together, but they're lightweight and I think could be bullied away from home. Due to that I'm also refraining from playing another small striker, Armstrong, in favour of Tudgay, with Armstrong coming off the bench.

It also allows for one or both of them to drop into midfield when necessary.

AWAY

Burge
Phillips Ricketts Johnson Stokes
O'Brien Vincelot Fleck Haynes
Tudgay Armstrong

A bit more traditional and provides a solid base to work from, with an ability to both hold the ball up front and get in behind quick on the break.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue025 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:50 pm

I honestly think we are in for a long hard season.

Squad is paper thin apart from the defense.

No real wide players, painfully short up front and and far too many short/lightweight players in the team for this league.

Burge
Phillips, Rickets, Reda, Stokes
Fleck, Vince
Job Maddison Lamerias
Tudgay
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Can't see all this wanking over Armstrong and then him not getting a game but equally can't see him not playing Tudgay so reckon one of Maddison or Lamerias will drop to the bench as super sub. And with no basis at all because I don't remember what Ricketts is like I'd probably stick him left back and play Willis in the middle.

Christ, football's back in less than 72hrs [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif]
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:45 pm

dog rout 21 wrote:Can't see all this wanking over Armstrong and then him not getting a game but equally can't see him not playing Tudgay so reckon one of Maddison or Lamerias will drop to the bench as super sub. And with no basis at all because I don't remember what Ricketts is like I'd probably stick him left back and play Willis in the middle.

Christ, football's back in less than 72hrs [smilie=icon_ashamed.gif]

Where's the like button
Nick
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Return to CCFC Chat