Must win?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Re: Must win?

Postby the boss » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am

Realist wrote: Liverpool winning it would really be the icing on the cake for me. :lol:

if they do it will be the best thing to happen to them since Agüero's last minute goal :lol:
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Must win?

Postby Realist » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Stop reminding me of all those heartbroken Rag fans. :lol: :lol:

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby the boss » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 pm

'The sacked one'

shame, I thought he was doing a great job 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Must win?

Postby Realist » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Brilliant. :lol:
Realist

Postby billythefish » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 am

adge wrote:
billythefish wrote:Agree with the sentiments Burf and for the first time in 30 years I have only just looked up Saturdays result as was off playing cricket. Normally regardless of where I am in the world I rarely go more than a few hours without knowing a result but I have to say I barely care.

Even if someone can somehow sort this mess out, get the club back to Coventry and then start putting some performances together I wonder what all this will have done for the fans of the club. There are hundreds of kids that will have missed the oportunity of live football in Cov and probably never follow the club and the longer it goes on the worse it will get. Add in older fans who will have found better things to do with their time and whatever happens the club will do weel to get back to 10,000 home attendances even if they do return. Yes the first game back will be a celebration and a masive crowd but this club needs a promotion or a Wembley visit to reignite interest. Pressley could do this and deserves the credit he gets but he will soon be off to pastures new and who can blame him.
Jury still out for me on Pressley. Was always onto a winner whatever happened this season with the points deduction/off the field issues. Leon Clarke and more recently Callum Wilson have papered over a lot of the cracks and some of the recruitment that Pressley has brought in(although he has has admitted this) has been on a par with some of the dross that was here with Thorn etc. Acid test will be next season but I would be very surprised if we survive it and the Team on the field will be mostly made of more dross from the academy to compliment the likes of Haynes,Clark,Thomas,Phillips,Daniels,etc.

Perhaps but my logic is not just based on the players he has at his disposal but also all the other stuff going on. Cant be easy to bring in anyone with the state the club is on - yet dispite that that, starting with -10 and based on the squad at the start of the season then I think staying up will be a decent return. Next season then god knows and can only see the club going down a division rather than up one.
billythefish

Previous

Return to CCFC Chat