Must win?

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Must win?

Postby adge » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Tonight and Saturday I guess? Still think we have enough to just stay in the division. Will be interesting if we need points come the last 2 games, then it will be time to shit ourselves! [smilie=icon_blink.gif]
Lest we forget-THE AWFUL PAUL TELFER!
adge
Manager
Manager

Re: Must win?

Postby AD » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Yep, next two are vital. Could either give us breathing space or really drag us into the shite, and with a young team on a poor run losing to two teams near the bottom when others around us are starting to pick up results it could be disastrous.

Lose tonight and I'll start to worry, lose both and I'll be properly shitting myself. 4 points minimum required.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:30 pm

I think we will have enough to stay up - we certainly still have goals in us in the shape of Wilson, Moussa and Baker and I think that will give us the edge. Next season we need to find a way of shoring up the defence, probably by getting a proper midfield enforcer to provide protection. As well as Fleck and Thomas have done at times this season I never feel either are particularly happy helping out the back four.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Postby adge » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Neither are any good. The amount of goals Thomas has cost us lately is alarming. Don't really see what all the fuss about Fleck is either?
Android [ Post made via Android ]
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby skyblue025 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Good win tonight. Won ugly as well, something we rarely do. :D
If Fishing is a sport, then i am an athlete!!!

If it's wet and smells of fish be happy!!!
skyblue025
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 am

Result much more important than performances at this stage of the season.

Any thoughst of Eccleston? Another player that was highly thought of, lost his way a bit, had problems with injuries etc. Should be half decent at this level and out of contract at then end of the season.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby adge » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Job done!
Android [ Post made via Android ]
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Fair play to Pressley, changed it up and won 2 must win games. Imagine how many previous managers would be plugging away with the same old failing tactics.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Burf » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am

^

6. no, 7.
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Must win?

Postby Realist » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

In Pressley we Trust.

Prediction League World Champion.
Realist

Postby billythefish » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:33 am

Most impressive manager since our relegation IMHO. If only we could have had someone like him in charge then
billythefish

Postby Burf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am

absolutely Billy.

The tragedy & the utter fucking disgrace of all this, is that we've finally got a good manager & he keeps
getting the rug pulled from under him through no fault of his own. :evil:

Just think - add those 10pts back on & we could have been getting out of this division this year. :cry:

Shit really better get sorted this summer off the field or I might have to go on some form of spree killing.
If they dick about any more Pressley will leave along with any of the better players we've got & the window
of opportunity missed.
We really need to starting next season on a 0pts, with Wilson still at the club & then have a proper fucking tilt at it.
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Burf wrote:We really need to starting next season on a 0pts, with Wilson still at the club & then have a proper fucking tilt at it.

next season :lol: :lol: :lol: The best advice for anyone who is fool enough to buy a season ticket is pay by credit card.
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager

Postby Burf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Are you saying there won't be a next season Boss ?
I'm a fucking pessimist & even I'm fairly certain we will be playing next year ..
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:33 am

Agree with the sentiments Burf and for the first time in 30 years I have only just looked up Saturdays result as was off playing cricket. Normally regardless of where I am in the world I rarely go more than a few hours without knowing a result but I have to say I barely care.

Even if someone can somehow sort this mess out, get the club back to Coventry and then start putting some performances together I wonder what all this will have done for the fans of the club. There are hundreds of kids that will have missed the oportunity of live football in Cov and probably never follow the club and the longer it goes on the worse it will get. Add in older fans who will have found better things to do with their time and whatever happens the club will do weel to get back to 10,000 home attendances even if they do return. Yes the first game back will be a celebration and a masive crowd but this club needs a promotion or a Wembley visit to reignite interest. Pressley could do this and deserves the credit he gets but he will soon be off to pastures new and who can blame him.
billythefish

Postby the boss » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm

billythefish wrote:Agree with the sentiments Burf and for the first time in 30 years I have only just looked up Saturdays result as was off playing cricket. Normally regardless of where I am in the world I rarely go more than a few hours without knowing a result but I have to say I barely care.

a few weeks back I never knew we'd played midweek until the Saturday after :shock: This mess I fear will end the club as we knew it.
the boss
Manager
Manager

Must win?

Postby Realist » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with Billy. The club is finished. I went to buy my boy a kit from the club shop recently, only to be told they start from ages 5 to 6. Wonderful.
Realist

Postby adge » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 pm

billythefish wrote:Agree with the sentiments Burf and for the first time in 30 years I have only just looked up Saturdays result as was off playing cricket. Normally regardless of where I am in the world I rarely go more than a few hours without knowing a result but I have to say I barely care.

Even if someone can somehow sort this mess out, get the club back to Coventry and then start putting some performances together I wonder what all this will have done for the fans of the club. There are hundreds of kids that will have missed the oportunity of live football in Cov and probably never follow the club and the longer it goes on the worse it will get. Add in older fans who will have found better things to do with their time and whatever happens the club will do weel to get back to 10,000 home attendances even if they do return. Yes the first game back will be a celebration and a masive crowd but this club needs a promotion or a Wembley visit to reignite interest. Pressley could do this and deserves the credit he gets but he will soon be off to pastures new and who can blame him.
Jury still out for me on Pressley. Was always onto a winner whatever happened this season with the points deduction/off the field issues. Leon Clarke and more recently Callum Wilson have papered over a lot of the cracks and some of the recruitment that Pressley has brought in(although he has has admitted this) has been on a par with some of the dross that was here with Thorn etc. Acid test will be next season but I would be very surprised if we survive it and the Team on the field will be mostly made of more dross from the academy to compliment the likes of Haynes,Clark,Thomas,Phillips,Daniels,etc.
adge
Manager
Manager

Postby the boss » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 am

Realist wrote:Unfortunately I have to agree with Billy. The club is finished. I went to buy my boy a kit from the club shop recently, only to be told they start from ages 5 to 6. Wonderful.

I really thought you would make a great dad but how the fuck could you try and put that pain on that poor defenceless nipper :lol: Do as I did with my lad, I told him to follow who ever he wished as long as he hated Man u 8)
the boss
Manager
Manager

Must win?

Postby Realist » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:33 pm

You can rest assured he will hate ManU, with as much passion as I do. Dirty stinking Rags. This season has been brilliant, listening to all the fake fans moaning and wanting Moyes out. Liverpool winning it would really be the icing on the cake for me. :lol:
Realist

Next

Return to CCFC Chat