Homesick Slager Heads Home.

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Homesick Slager Heads Home.

Postby skyblue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:31 pm

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/denz ... 67447.aspx

Didn't see him play so I can't say I am really bothered.
Have fun
skyblue
Manager
Manager

Highscores: 2

Re: Homesick Slager Heads Home.

Postby AD » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Although I guess its best in situations like this for players to leave, it is becoming a worrying trend. Manset, Donnelly and now Slager.

The worrying thing is that two of those were on trial for quite some time, so why didn't these problems become apparent then? How much money has been wasted setting up and completing these deals in terms of agent, legal and signing on fees? While I've no complaints at Otium having to put their hands in their pockets even more it is a bit worrying for the long term harmony and development of the team, not just for the remainder of this season but next as well.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 am

To be fair Donelly was with us for less than a week and I think there are some personal issues there - that he was given time off by Swansea to sort out. Yes it is a bit of a worry especially when they have been on trial but would rather bomb them out quickly rather than let them rot and cause problems with the harmony of the team. It does seem that Elvis takes no prisoners and its a either do it his way or bye bye.
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Postby Timbo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:56 pm

You can do all the scouting/homework you like but there will always be unknowns. You can't tell whether a player (or their family) is going to have issues settling and its not as if the club who own them are always going to be upfront about issues such as work ethic.

I don't see why the length of time they were with the club is an issue. If there is a problem don't you try and sort it out so as not to waste a loan. When it becomes clear things aren't improving you get rid.
Timbo

Prediction League Wins: 1

Postby AD » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:41 pm

And another one heads off early! The travelling back and forth to play for Arsenal was silly and god knows who agreed to that (I have to assume Waggott as it is his remit).

Given the reported remarks Pressley made about out of contract and loan players, and seemingly constant calls for Delfouneso to up his game what's the odds on him not lasting the season either?

I think that dig at those groups of players could be counter productive as well - clubs aren't going to be willing to loan us players if we just harp on about how we don't want loans (although I imagine we'll be even more reliant on them next year), and those out of contract are hardly being encouraged to re-sign (although a few I think are going to go no matter what).
AD
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat