Last Chance Saloon

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!


Previous topicNext topic

Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Burf » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:18 pm

^
He's right

On both points.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby the boss » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:32 pm

The Englander wrote:
the boss wrote:for fuck sake :roll: If they want the ground they should bid for it, its not fucking difficult is it :roll: :roll:


You can't bid for something dumb **** won't sell to you. As for holding out for a lower price, why wouldn't they? What kind of arse pays (For the sake of round numbers) £100,000 for something they know they might get a few months down the line for £75,000? If you had the chance to buy a house on the cheap, you would.

As for Callum Wilson, Adge, maybe next time it will be five yards out, but he's signed on the dotted line and scored from two so far....



you can bid for anything you like, there is no law against it, they can refuse the offer but you can still make it ;-) If I wanted a house and it was 100k of course I would offer less, unless I thought someone else may come in and nick it. How much do you want for your house? :lol: As far as I can see SISU rightly or wrongly believe they are the only show in town when it comes to this ground, time will tell but in the meantime they are ruining the clubs fanbase. They should put an offer on the table, get a good PR firm to go public with it and see how the cookie crumbles. Put this shit to bed once and for all.
2014 will be our year !!
the boss
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7780
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Timbo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:55 pm

the boss wrote:If I wanted a house and it was 100k of course I would offer less, unless I thought someone else may come in and nick it. How much do you want for your house? :lol: As far as I can see SISU rightly or wrongly believe they are the only show in town when it comes to this ground, time will tell but in the meantime they are ruining the clubs fanbase.


I can't see anyone else being interested in the Ricoh without the club attached to it and vice versa.
User avatar
Timbo
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5368
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Hell on Earth
 
Prediction League Wins: 1



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby the boss » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Timbo wrote:
the boss wrote:If I wanted a house and it was 100k of course I would offer less, unless I thought someone else may come in and nick it. How much do you want for your house? :lol: As far as I can see SISU rightly or wrongly believe they are the only show in town when it comes to this ground, time will tell but in the meantime they are ruining the clubs fanbase.


I can't see anyone else being interested in the Ricoh without the club attached to it and vice versa.



I think you may be correct so why can't both sides pick their toy's up and start acting like adults. All this shit about building a new ground or how the Ricoh can live without the club is just making the mess even bigger. There will never be a new ground and the Ricoh can't survive long without the team playing there. It is that simple.
the boss
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7780
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:35 pm
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby The Englander » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:30 am

the boss wrote:
The Englander wrote:
the boss wrote:for fuck sake :roll: If they want the ground they should bid for it, its not fucking difficult is it :roll: :roll:


You can't bid for something dumb **** won't sell to you. As for holding out for a lower price, why wouldn't they? What kind of arse pays (For the sake of round numbers) £100,000 for something they know they might get a few months down the line for £75,000? If you had the chance to buy a house on the cheap, you would.

As for Callum Wilson, Adge, maybe next time it will be five yards out, but he's signed on the dotted line and scored from two so far....



you can bid for anything you like, there is no law against it, they can refuse the offer but you can still make it ;-) If I wanted a house and it was 100k of course I would offer less, unless I thought someone else may come in and nick it. How much do you want for your house? :lol: As far as I can see SISU rightly or wrongly believe they are the only show in town when it comes to this ground, time will tell but in the meantime they are ruining the clubs fanbase. They should put an offer on the table, get a good PR firm to go public with it and see how the cookie crumbles. Put this shit to bed once and for all.


Then don't moan if SISU offer a penny if ACL refuse to deal with them. Why offer real money if there's no deal to be made? According to a very decent source, ACL 'allegedly' only 'allegedly' don't want to negotiate because 'allegedly' so many people on the ACL side 'allegedly' have their fingers in the till that they 'allegedly' won't sell because they 'allegedly' won't make any money if the ground is sold to SISU. 'allegedly', of course. Said info comes from a proper anti-SISU personage.
User avatar
The Englander
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6899
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: What's it to you fuck-face?
Highscores: 7
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Burf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 am

So I see SISU have won their case - there will be a full judicial review of the Council's Ricoh bailout.... It's fair enough I think - Cov taxpayers undoubtedly have a right to know exactly what's gone on.
Of course in the short run it means that a return to the Ricoh is even less likely, but I don't think that was going to happen anyway..
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby AD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

No its not - its bullshit. Its essentially saying a public body has no right to protect its own investments. Perhaps a judical review of why SISU were allowed to invest money into Coventry City under another company name and thus prevent the just outcome of the administration would be apt? But of course not - SISU were doing what needed to be done to protect their investment.... Hypocritical bullshit.

The original judge forensically picked it apart on every level of its argument, all of which was perfectly logical and understandable. This one hasn't actually given any exact reason why its being allowed, just they're 'satisfied'.

Why has no-one got the balls to stand up to these shitheads!
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Burf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 pm

but they're two totally different things - what SISU do with their money is their business - what the Council do with your money is your business - they have to be accountable to taxpayers when it's taxpayers money they're using. There's no hypocrisy at all - it's just the difference between the public & private purse.
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby The Yid » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:43 pm

You're talking rubbish. More evidence has been produced by both sides, so the new judgement would suggest that far more scrutiny happened this time round.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Image
User avatar
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Highscores: 5
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Burf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:56 pm

I don't see the problem - if the Council have done everything by the book then we'll know, if not then that needs to be exposed. I also think that SISU need to come under the same scrutiny - if they've done anything illegal or are breaking the rules that apply to them then we need that exposed too. I don't see the problem with trying to get as much transparency in this whole sorry mess as is humanly possible ?
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



This post was deleted by Burf on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 pm.

Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby AD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Burf wrote:I don't see the problem - if the Council have done everything by the book then we'll know, if not then that needs to be exposed. I also think that SISU need to come under the same scrutiny - if they've done anything illegal or are breaking the rules that apply to them then we need that exposed too. I don't see the problem with trying to get as much transparency in this whole sorry mess as is humanly possible ?


Of course I agree with the sentiment of this, but very often it doesn't result in a just ruling. The judiciary know it doesn't but they're hamstrung by the law. It's why the highest paid lawyers are defence lawyers who, if they can't prove your innocence, will find a minor procedural anomaly to get you off. And that is what I fear will happen here. The reasoning behind the action was clearly to protect the public funds invested in the Ricoh from being practically written off, but SISU's lawyers won't be looking at that - they'll be looking for an i that hasn't been dotted or a t that hasn't been crossed. And that is not justice.
User avatar
AD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm
 



Re: Last Chance Saloon

Postby Burf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:46 pm

or it might be ...?

tbh AD, there's a fair bit of conjecture in that post ... I wouldn't say I'm remotely
qualified to make that sort of judgment. At the end of the day it's a judicial review, with
highly paid lawyers on both sides. It's probably the best we can hope for....short of everybody
just fucking growing up & sorting this mess out .And we know by this point that ain't gonna happen.
User avatar
Burf
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:38 am
 



Previous

Return to CCFC Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot] and 13 guests