Sunday vs Blunts on Sky

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

Sunday vs Blunts on Sky

Postby billythefish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 am

How embarassing is the coverage going to be?
billythefish

Prediction League Wins: 2

Re: Sunday vs Blunts on Sky

Postby AD » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:25 am

Extremely - the lunatic fringe will invariably get the media attention
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby billythefish » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 am

Yep the bedsheets will out in full force
billythefish

Postby Burf » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 pm

yep. we're going to look like even bigger **** than usual. And that's saying something...
"...your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side..."
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm just hoping they park the Sky van in front of the hill.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby Burf » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Argh. Blades have just sacked Weir. That's our 3 points gone down the Swanny ... Well Nene actually....
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
Burf
Manager
Manager

Postby dog rout 21 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 pm

I thought I read somewhere that the mongs on the hill were protesting by not actually going this week and were instead going to have a protest in a pub somewhere. Somewhere warm, with beer, the game on tv just to really show SISU.
ISUZU OUT!
#bringcovbacktonorthampton
dog rout 21
Administrator
Administrator

Postby billythefish » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:28 am

Have to say the coverage wasnt that bad. Reasonably put together and didnt give too much coverage to either SISU or the guys on the hill.

On the game itself we looked pretty good for sixty minutes or so but then seemed to drop deeper and deeper and stopped playing. Fleck looked decent in midfield and most of our best work started with him.

Defensively we are poor. Webster was lucky to stay on, Willis needs a bit of work and not sure he will ever be a fullback - looks more like a centre back to me. Clarke was strange some great defending and then a really basic error. Blair looks quality and will be playing at a higher level in the future.

Not sure how long we can hold onto the two strikers as someone will be putting in a bid soon for them.

Have to admit that its nice that for the first time we seem to have midfielders that get forward and look to get in and around the box. How dare they thats not the Coventry way!
billythefish

Postby AD » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

Pretty fair assessment. More people on the hill than I expected given the weather and seemed incident free so well done to those both inside and outside the stadium.

As for the game - why must we make things hard for ourselves! In total control for most of it then just inexplicably stopped doing what we were good at and sat back, and they nearly got back into the game.

Webster should have gone, but so should their CB IMO. Slight tactical criticism of Pressley is Willis at RB and Clarke at CB. Their preferred positions are the other way round so why do it that way? Especially when Willis is still getting back from injury so you put him in the position that requires more running? And he can't cross. I guess you don't want to upset any kind of partnership but I'd personally have them the other way round. Phillips looked OK when he came on (although I can see him picking up a few cards in the first few parts of his career as he does go in for last ditch challenges. Yesterday he executed two perfectly but he won't do that every time)

We do have some fantastic forward play which does expose us at the back at times, but I'd rather that than the solid tactical units to try and play football 'properly', and be bored shitless and see us lose anyway more often than not.
AD
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat