It Appears I Might Have Pissed Some People Off....

Coventry City Chat!
Can *Insert current manager here* keep us up?
Has *insert whatever shite midfielder we have here* made a forward pass?
Keep up to date with Covenders!

Previous topicNext topic

It Appears I Might Have Pissed Some People Off....

Postby The Englander » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... son-201314

Apparently, to a thick ****, blaming SISU and ACL for the mess (Not just SISU), believing we will one day move back to the area, pointing out a financial truth, stating SISU's mouth-piece is arrogant, saying that we should swamp Sixfields to get us kicked out of Northampton, and pointing out that the Ricoh was full of moaners, is pro-SISU. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't bother reading most message boards.

;-)
The Englander

Highscores: 7

Re: It Appears I Might Have Pissed Some People Off....

Postby The Yid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am

I wouldn't be too perturbed. That MEP Nikki Sinclaire was a hero a few weeks ago for speaking at the fans rally, now she's an infidel for daring to try and mediate between SISU and the Council.
iPhone [ Post made via iPhone ]
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Highscores: 5

Postby AD » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 am

Nothing wrong with the piece at all (although I don't see how the flooding Northampton thing to get kicked out would work, unless you mean literally flooding it!)

Sinclaire seems to be focusing on this £4 levy, but if I remember rightly this was an idea put forward if the club played in the Championship or Prem and was subsequently dropped completely. I think Hoffman made a similar proposal when he offered to mediate.

I don't think £4 per ticket was ever mentioned specifically, other than this being the amount of each match ticket that went towards the stadium rent based on average gates then.

Seems Seppala has had another of her distorted reality moments and Sinclaire has been taken in. Given the brief summary she's given it sounds like Seppala was in total control of the conversation and where it headed.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 pm

What exactly were you looking for from the meeting? Joy's opinion on the Syria crisis, or who is her favourite Spice Girl?

It was fans questions she responded by the looks of it, and what has been published seems like reasonably pertinent points to me - in relation to the events.

We don't know exactly what form the 'levy' took - but if that was part of the negotiation it looks like either the Council are totally incompetent or actually don't want the club there at all.
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby AD » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Apparently the reason for a lack of shirt sponsorship is the transfer embargo :?: How on earth are those two linked at all? :?

When they say we can't put new names on the shirt that doesn't count! And under the 'make the rules up as we go along' FL regulations surely we can sign another provided it's worth no more than 75% of the old City Link contract?

If she can be made to believe that horseshit it's no wonder Joy managed to 'convert' her.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Englander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Your reply, AD, is every reason why it's not worth talking about it anymore. What was said in the meeting doesn't suit your agenda, so is all shit. ACL are an absolute bunch of ****, but they're not SISU so they're allowed to be. Two sides have brought about this mess, but the blinkered can only see one. SISU's biggest mistake (Amongst many) is moaning that the media portray them as the bad guys, but not bothering to speak to them. Three times they've actually defended themselves, and when they did, they made sense. They really should try it more often....
The Englander

Postby The Englander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:13 pm

....I guess what is written above, to the more moronic, means I am pro-SISU. They're wrong, I'm not. I still want everybody currently connected with this mess out. Sadly, we are dead in the water as a club, and only a mug would consider buying us. With that in mind, SISU (Otium) are here to we officially fold. Whether or not people choose to support us till we are properly dead is up to the individual..
The Englander

Postby AD » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:48 pm

The Englander wrote:Your reply, AD, is every reason why it's not worth talking about it anymore. What was said in the meeting doesn't suit your agenda, so is all shit. ACL are an absolute bunch of ****, but they're not SISU so they're allowed to be. Two sides have brought about this mess, but the blinkered can only see one. SISU's biggest mistake (Amongst many) is moaning that the media portray them as the bad guys, but not bothering to speak to them. Three times they've actually defended themselves, and when they did, they made sense. They really should try it more often....

It wasn't a reply - it was a separate statement that didn't make any sense to me.

As for not fitting my agenda, my agenda is to have both the Ricoh and CCFC as a single entity owned by none of the people currently involved (or those that have been involved previously). That's an unlikely situation I know, and appears to be what you want as well.

As for agendas you talk about SISU defending themselves well and making sense, whereas I find many of their answers to be completely contradictory to what they've said before, don't tally with actual evidence or totally illogical in their reasoning. ACL I've spotted a number of manipulated figures designed to give their best side, as with SISU, but the contradictory or easily disprovable statements are far less.

But in response to what Yid asked, what I was expecting was a list of exact questions asked. I was also hoping for some vague description of the answers given, which obviously wouldn't be that detailed anyway due to commercial sensitivity. From what's been released, for a four hour meeting they didn't seem to discuss much.

Besides which, two of the things mentioned appear to be very cloudy in their historical accuracy. As we've mentioned the Q&A session where the 'levy' came to light indicated that although such a thing was suggested it was also later removed from any potential agreement. It would be interesting to hear from ACL on this, as it is possible they then tried to reinstate it, but from publicly available info it appears JS is not using the most up to date discussions to make her point and is picking a point in discussions that best suit her.

The other is this point of paying £10k rent from the start of the dispute and ACL immediately emptying the ESCROW. This has never been suggested before. TF has been asked this specifically, and said the club were paying towards the matchday costs but no further. Given the bad press they were/are getting over the rent issue, if you were paying £10k per match in rent specifically, surely it'd be the first thing you'd tell people? Now, it has been mentioned via rumour etc that the club were paying 10k per match at the end of last season after administration when they were looking for a ground to complete the fixtures at, but this isn't from the start of the dispute. Technically it's at the end. At best it could be claimed it was at the start of the dispute after responsibility for it changed from CCFC Ltd. Again, it would interesting to see a response from ACL on this, but it appears JS has massively manipulated the facts or she's completely altered the events in her head to suit it, something a judge has accused her og before.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby The Yid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

To be honest I'd never heard of this 'levy' until this morning - surely it wouldn't take a genius to know its was going to be a complete non-starter so can't see why is was even thought about?

There is always going to be spin and conjecture from both sides - and I don't think you can accuse Seppalla of stretching the truth anymore than the Council and ACL players - they're all at it.

What has exacerbated this dispute has been media coverage locally. CET are incredibly selective what they publish... Anything to do with Hoffman being on the board of papers owners?? Who could possibly stand to gain the most with SISU gone....

Same with the Trust... Someone, somewhere has told them they could own a stake in the club, and they've been over the anti-SISU propaganda like flies round shit ever since.

I don't care who does it - but someone needs to get them round a table and talking. The Trust aren't willing or capable, Sinclaire is trying but doesn't look like she's gonna get anywhere. So who else is there??
The Yid
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Englander » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 pm

The levy makes the rent dearer than it was in the first place! ACL really are a bunch of ****, aren't they?

As for the latest revelation, from the SISU supporting Telegraph: "The delay in arranging the meeting [Between Lucas and Seppala] has been put down to Coventry City Council officials being unaware that the SISU boss was in the country". Utter shite. Asking her, or her PA, when she's available too much trouble? This affects thousands of people, yet they can't be bothered to make the phone call? ACL really are a bunch of ****, aren't they?
The Englander

Postby AD » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:32 pm

The excuse given by the council is rather weak. But when you make an offer to someone to meet up you have to leave a period of time for them to respond. Yes, you'd have thought it would have been followed up by now, but then you also have to ask why JS didn't have the courtesy to respond to the initial offer, or at least get her PA to get in contact and pencil in a date when she was likely to be available.

You ask why they couldn't just phone up the PA and ask, which is a valid question. But if you've ever done such a job you'll know there are always certain individuals the manager/director wants to avoid and tells you to tell them they'll be away on business or they're on holiday or something. Given the animosity between the sides it's not hard to imagine such instructions being given, but if that is the case the council should expressly say they have tried to get in contact since the initial offer but have been unable to.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 pm

The Englander wrote:The levy makes the rent dearer than it was in the first place! ACL really are a bunch of ****, aren't they?

As for the latest revelation, from the SISU supporting Telegraph: "The delay in arranging the meeting [Between Lucas and Seppala] has been put down to Coventry City Council officials being unaware that the SISU boss was in the country". Utter shite. Asking her, or her PA, when she's available too much trouble? This affects thousands of people, yet they can't be bothered to make the phone call? ACL really are a bunch of ****, aren't they?

As I said above, the levy was supposedly mooted and then dropped very quickly. I guess there is a logic to a percentage of ticket sales, as the rent is specifically linked to the performance of the business and thus should never strain it unduly. Such a move would then move all the risk onto the stadium owners rather than the club, and maybe that would be the reason for asking for a small rent (to prevent the stadium having cashflow problems) supplemented by a small percentage of ticket sales in order to share out the risk.

But If the more specific figures given today are true then its a ludicrous level to suggest. I can't imagine anyone would be so stupid to even suggest it.
AD
Manager
Manager

Postby plastic scouser » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:19 am

One of the saddest parts about the slow & painful death of this club is the fans reaction...or lack of it.

We, collectively, really are a bunch of lazy, apathetic, squabbling bunch of ****.....

...Apart from one fairly well attended protest march.....nothing else of any note or use has been organised....

...you've got 20 to 30 angry fuckwits protesting about the move to Northampton by actually travelling to Northampton & shouting on a hill.....

....you've got the large majority following the highly convenient NOPM bullshit.....perfect for the apathetic & lazy majority.....but I'd bet all their fucking pennies they'd be queuing round the block for tickets if we drew a big club in the fa cup or progressed in the tin-pot JPT...

The whole thing is fucked up, but I as my everton mates were saying in the pub yesterday......if this had been done to their club, the SISU & ACL offices would have been firebombed, sixfields would have been ripped to pieces on the opening game & subsequent games would be disrupted by protests wherever possible....

but what are the trust/NOPM/KCIC planning.......a fucking picnic in Northampton. Pathetic.

Anyway... that's my Monday moan....and Englander was correct....

it's not worth talking about it anymore
......waiting for the great leap forwards [smilie=icon_paper.gif]
plastic scouser
Manager
Manager

Postby AD » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:03 pm

plastic scouser wrote:

The whole thing is fucked up, but I as my everton mates were saying in the pub yesterday......if this had been done to their club, the SISU & ACL offices would have been firebombed, sixfields would have been ripped to pieces on the opening game & subsequent games would be disrupted by protests wherever possible....

Yeah, but that's just normal behaviour for Scousers anyway ;-)

And undoubtedly they'd complain they were being picked on too
AD
Manager
Manager

Return to CCFC Chat